No announcement yet.

Dermatologist and stitches!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sunscreen is your friend. A good hat with a neck covering extension is also good. May not look cool but may keep you out from under the knife.
    DrDGunNut

...FYI my YouTube playlist is searchable using this https://www.handloadersbench.com/cor...lies/smile.png

Comment

Originally posted by DrDGunNut View Post
      Sunscreen is your friend. A good hat with a neck covering extension is also good. May not look cool but may keep you out from under the knife.
      Would be great advice 50 years ago, little late for me after 50 + years in the Texas sun!! Guess it is my "white privilege" showing up in South Texas. Light skin, red hair, and sun are not a great combination. OTOH, if you've GOT to get cancer, Basal Cell Carcinoma is the way to go. Not going to trade it for lung, liver, pancreatic, or other types of cancer!
      Last edited by Charley; 09-01-2018, 08:39.
      "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

Growing up in the central valley of Commiefornia back in the 50s and 60s I had so many sunburns it wasn't funny, kinda like Charley, fair hair, light skin, over the winter I would lose any tan I did get over the summer and had to start over the next spring. Working in GFathers almond orchard and the peach orchards of the neighbors didn't help. Sun block? Don't remember to much of that.
        "We failed, but in the good providence of God apparent failure often proves a blessing." Robert E. Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Charley View Post

Would be great advice 50 years ago, little late for me after 50 + years in the Texas sun!! Guess it is my "white privilege" showing up in South Texas. Light skin, red hair, and sun are not a great combination. OTOH, if you've GOT to get cancer, Basal Cell Carcinoma is the way to go. Not going to trade it for lung, liver, pancreatic, or other types of cancer!
          Consider getting a deep peel if the Basal cells are facial. It can remove some of the "at risk" superficial skin. Another option is a two week chemo treatment to the face (a cream.) Having your face peeled away inch by inch is a drag.
          DrDGunNut

...FYI my YouTube playlist is searchable using this https://www.handloadersbench.com/cor...lies/smile.png

Comment

Working...
          X