Don't give up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't give up

Got a call the other day, from a friend and former coworker. I had tried to contact him a couple of times in the last month or so, hadn't heard from him. he had some health issues, so I was somewhat concerned about him. He told me his doctor (didn't say if he was a GP or Cardiologist) told him "I can't do anything more for you". Friend went home, and moped around for a few days, waiting, he said, to die. Decided to contact other MDs, tried several cardiologists. First four he contacted couldn't see him until mid August (this was early July). Gave up again, then decided to try one more time. Called a cardiologist, was told the same thing, "we're booked solid until August. No, wait. If yo can come in at 9:00 AM tomorrow we can squeeze you in, we had a cancellation". Fried went in, after about 10 minutes of an exam, the Doc said, "you're going to a hospital, NOW". Went in, was on the table within a couple hours or less. He was told he had a 98-99% blockage in the LADA, the widowmaker. Estimated 20 minute procedure went 2 hours, with complications, along with an infection from unknown reasons that kept him in the hospital for another few days. Was told he would have been dead in another two weeks or so, without the surgery. Now he's good to go, no pain, plenty of energy and enthusiasm for everything.
    I figured it was a good lesson, to not give up.
    "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Amazing! Lord, what if he would have done like many people, myself included, and not sought another opinion. Thank God he went to another doctor

Comment

Wow. Lucky friend you have there.
      It's not that Democrats are so damned ignorant. Their problem is that everything they know is wrong.

Wimachtendienk, Wingolauchsik, Witahemui

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.
      He who knows not and knows he knows not, is wise.

Comment

Originally posted by olyeller View Post
        Wow. Lucky friend you have there.
        I think I'll have him buy me a lottery ticket!
        "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

His angle was watching over him, Always ask or see or go do something, I never take someone this is it!! Old Mr.Death will have to come find me be dam if I'll be waiting for him.
          Mtman714; A man can do no better then to leave a good garden patch. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

God is good and his timing is perfect, Amen

Comment

Amazing! Once he is well enough he should go back to the 1st doc and punch him in his C*** S*****.

Comment

I had a "widow maker" 2 months ago.Left there with a <10% EF.....Everyone basically told me tough $hit,better get your things in order.

Uhhh,I've been working.....heck,worked today,albeit 1/2 day.I can tell it's a loooong road getting to where I feel "good" but in the meantime..... Will be danged if I'm gonna feel sorry for myself.Have been varmint hunting right much and love handloading.Biggest change was diet.Was eating WAY too much and extremely high fat..... weighed in at a nice 210#'s (5'10).Got down to 195..... going to rehab am back to 201.Want to get to about 205.

But yes,never give up!

Comment

Never ever give up.

Comment

Working...
                  X