Treadmill with a weird cord and belt

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Treadmill with a weird cord and belt

I add a fancy new nordictrack t 6.5s treadmill in my gym with a cord and a belt that I believe hooks onto the athlete. This is probably for sprinting? Does anyone here know what's this called and the value of it?

I can not find anything online.
    Thank you

https://fitnessgeko.com/fitness/trea...iew/#tab-con-2

Says it's an auto shutdown if I read this right. Saves abrading your carcass if you fall on the mill

And of course, a safety clip can be attached to your clothes which will power off the treadmill every time the clip gets detached.
    -Remote locations are cheap insurance.
    -There are two kinds of ships: Submarines and targets

Comment

The end that attaches to the machine on mine (Pro Form, made by the same company as Norditrck -- Icon Fitness) is magnetic. I tied the cord for the belt side around the frame and fling the magnet piece to the frame for storage. When in use I put the magnet in place. This creates enough of a slack loop that if by some chance I stub my toe and find myself going down from blackout level pain, I think I can take a swipe at the cord and prevent the dreaded belt burn on my face. If it ever happens and I fail to catch the cord, I will post a photo of the results on the board.
      Friends don't let friends shoot factory ammo.

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.
      -Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
      X