Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life lesson

Life’s Lesson

A Boeing-777 wide-body jetliner was lumbering along at 800 km/hour at 33,000 feet when a cocky F-17 fighter jet flashed by at Mach 2.

The F-17 pilot decided to show off. On his state of the art radio (that is part of his state of the art 3-D & million dollar headset), the F-17 youngster told the 777 pilot, "Hey Captain, watch this!"

Then he promptly went into a barrel roll, followed by a steep, unimaginable vertical climb. He then finished as the F-17 screamed down at impossible G's before leveling off at almost sea level.

The F-17 pilot asked the 777 pilot what he thought of that!

The 777 pilot said, "That was truly impressive, but watch this!" The 777 chugged along for about 5 minutes at the steady 800 km/hour, and then the 777 pilot came back on and said, "What did you think of that?"

Puzzled, the cocky F-17 pilot asked, "What did you do?"

The 777 pilot chuckled and said, "I stood up, stretched my legs, walked to the back, went to the can to take a whiz, then got a cup of coffee and a cinnamon roll and secured a date for the next 3 nights in a five-star hotel with the lead flight attendant, paid for by the company."

LESSON OF LIFE: When you are young and foolish, speed and flash may seem like a good thing! When you get older and smarter, comfort and dullness is not such a bad thing! It's called S.O.S. (Slower, Older and Smarter!)

Never drink down stream from the herd.

Sounds like the young bull and the old bull on the top of the hill; then walking down toward the heffers!

Comment

Originally posted by BEAR View Post
      Sounds like the young bull and the old bull on the top of the hill; then walking down toward the heffers!
      Perzactly what I was thunking.
      Wimachtendienk, Wingolauchsik, Witahemui

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.
      He who knows not and knows he knows not, is wise.

Comment

Just right.
        Mtman714; A man can do no better then to leave a good garden patch. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
        X