Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Mauldin's Cartoons

Good judgement comes from experience,
    and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.
    Mark Twain

I have a first edition of UP FRONT. I look at it and laugh, but in a different way from the laughter of, say, POGO POSSUM.
    Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

Comment

My dad was a big fan of the Pogo cartoons.
      Mark Twain

Comment

Bill Mauldin was one of the greats at capturing the real spirit of the American Troops during World War II.

Comment

My favorite is with Willie & Joe in a foxhole with a Tiger Tank sitting on top of them....

"Able Fox this is Able Fox Five.....I have a target for ya but ya gotta be patient..."
          "I am, therefore I\'ll Think."- John Galt "Atlas Shrugged"

"Arguing with a Marine is like wrestling with a Pig. Everyone gets dirty, but the Pig loves it."

Comment

FYI.... for those that did not know.....

Bill Mauldin was a member of the 45th Infantry Division (National Guard). The 45th had more consecutive days in contact with the enemy than any other division in the entire U.S. Army.

The Current symbol of the 45th is a gold thunderbird on a red background standing on its tip. Origninally when the 45th was first called up for training in 1939, their symbol was a Navajo Swastika which was changed to the Thunderbird due to the Nazi emblems. It was feared it would confuse Allies if they were sent to Europe.

The MASH Unit in Korea that the movie and tv show was made off of was just behind the ridge from the 45th in Korea.

The 45th is now a Brigade based in Edmond Oklahoma. They deployed to Bosina and more recently Afghanistan a couple years ago.
            "I am, therefore I\'ll Think."- John Galt "Atlas Shrugged"

"Arguing with a Marine is like wrestling with a Pig. Everyone gets dirty, but the Pig loves it."

Comment

Mortis wrote:
              My favorite is with Willie & Joe in a foxhole with a Tiger Tank sitting on top of them....

"Able Fox this is Able Fox Five.....I have a target for ya but ya gotta be patient..."
              [img] http://browningmgs.com/Images_1919A4/Toons/Mauldin7.jpg [/img]
              Mark Twain

Comment

Priceless. Mauldin is a national treasure.
                Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

Comment

Working...
                X