Marines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marines

"A Marine is a Marine. I set that policy two weeks ago. There's no such thing as a former Marine. You're a Marine, just in a different uniform and you're in a different phase of your life. But you'll always be a Marine because you went to MCRD Parris Island, MCRD San Diego or the hills of Quantico and Camp Pendleton. Again, there's no such thing as a former Marine."
    -General James F. Amos, 35th Commandant of the Marine Corps

I quit calling myself a former Marine, never ex-Marine. I call myself a Marine. If asked if I am on active duty, I respond that I am on detached duty.
    When I die, I will be a Marine on permanent duty at Marine Corps Barracks, Heaven.
    "The United States Marine Corps is a drug and I am a recovering addict."

"American by birthright… U.S. MARINE by the Grace of GOD!"

"And on the 8th day God created Marines and like fish, we came from the sea!"

I know this guy. Trust me: he's a Marine.
    Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

Comment

Thanks PM.

Comment

Semper fidelis, Marine!
        Not as Lean, Not as Mean, but still a Marine!

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -- Thomas Paine

Comment

Knowing what my Grandson went through last year at boot camp on Parris Island, I say you deserve the honor of being known as a Marine for the rest of your life!

Erle

Comment

Plainsman wrote:
            Trust me: he's a Marine.
            Oh, it's perfectly clear he's a Marine.

There is no chance I will re-join the NRA as long as Ted Nugent is on the board of directors.

I'm proud to live in a Sanctuary City! We welcome all immigrants and refugees!

Black lives matter.

Comment

Thanks Jammer.
              What's your avatar. Have not seen it before.

Comment

As an old USN Quartermaster I'd like to remind you Jarheads you are in the Department of the US Navy, the Men's Department.:razz:
                Good judgement comes from experience,
                and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.
                Mark Twain

Comment

For sure Squid.

Comment

DesertMarine wrote:
                    Thanks Jammer.
                    You're welcome. (I was hoping you'd take it right. Should have just counted on you.)

It's 9th Infantry Regiment. (Army.)
                    There is no chance I will re-join the NRA as long as Ted Nugent is on the board of directors.

Black lives matter.

Comment

Jammer Six wrote:
                      DesertMarine wrote:
                      Thanks Jammer.
                      You're welcome. (I was hoping you'd take it right. Should have just counted on you.)

It's 9th Infantry Regiment. (Army.)
                      Thanks Jammer
                      I served with the 9th Marine Infantry Regiment and the 5th Marine infantry Regiment.

Comment

DesertMarine wrote:
                        For sure Squid.
                        Can't you insult better that that Leatherneck?:lol:
                        Good judgement comes from experience,
                        and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.
                        Mark Twain

Comment

He's a Marine. Give him a minute, let a sergeant talk to him, let him practice, and he'll come up with a good insult. They can be pretty funny, particularly when there's beer, C4 and heavy objects involved.

If he laughs and says "watch this shit!" it's time to run.

Black lives matter.

Comment

"Daddy!! Daddy! I don't want to be a Marine!!!!"

Shut Up boy and put that jar back on your head!!"
                            "I am, therefore I\'ll Think."- John Galt "Atlas Shrugged"

"Arguing with a Marine is like wrestling with a Pig. Everyone gets dirty, but the Pig loves it."

Comment

See what I get for trying to be nice to our little sailor brothers.

Comment

Working...
                              X