7 Purple Hearts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7 Purple Hearts

Donel C. Kinnard, a southern West Virginia Hero. I stopped by to visit a Marine whom I had the honor to bury. This is the place where he rests.

https://youtu.be/zzk0lT56Nhg
    Joshua 1:9
    Dry Creek Firewood

Rest in Peace Doc.
    "The United States Marine Corps is a drug and I am a recovering addict."

"American by birthright… U.S. MARINE by the Grace of GOD!"

"And on the 8th day God created Marines and like fish, we came from the sea!"

Comment

A piece of his story.
      http://www.veterantributes.org/Tribu...?recordID=2210
      Joshua 1:9
      Dry Creek Firewood

Comment

Semper Fi Devil Doc!! You've served your time in hell.
        "I am, therefore I\'ll Think."- John Galt "Atlas Shrugged"

"Arguing with a Marine is like wrestling with a Pig. Everyone gets dirty, but the Pig loves it."

Comment

Rest in Peace Marine, you earned it.
          "We failed, but in the good providence of God apparent failure often proves a blessing." Robert E. Lee

Comment

I spent some 35 years working in hospitals and there I met a 90+ year old Marine. Having been a USN sailor started teasing him with Jarhead comments and he started laughing and tossing crap back at me. This became a short live friendship as later he pass on. As a private on Iwo Jima he got his first Purple Heart. His second was in Korea and the third was in Nam. He retired as a Colonel. I'll Never forget those conversations.

I also met an old Lady who flew B24s to England during the war. Every one I met who were in their late eighties and nineties, even those who didn't serve had truly amazing stories about their lives during WW11 and some about Korea. We will never fully appreciate what that generation.
            Good judgement comes from experience,
            and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.
            Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
            X