No announcement yet.

Coast Guard Not Getting Paid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USAA donated 15 million to the CGMA yesterday, for no interest loans to CG members. They had also set up a loan program for their onw members who were CG and NOAA workers. They did charge interest, but rates for a 1 year loan are .26%, or if the loan is auto paid, .01%.
    "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

Originally posted by Porter3861 View Post
      Please stand by for a short rant . . . okay, I'm active duty Coast Guard and I'm a little hacked that the odd 40k of us in uniform (plus our civilians) likely will go without our salary on Tuesday, 15 Jan. Politics aside, the very folks (including CBP and ICE) who are guarding our borders and shores should not be wrapped up in this back and forth. We were fortunate in the Coast Guard that we were paid on 31 Dec when the partial shut down had already occurred. But not this next time. I've saved up some money and am fine in the short term. But I think of the junior enlisted member, underway away from home with a spouse and kids at home who's living pay check to pay check. I'm glad my brothers and sisters in the Department of Defense are funded, but please remember we Coasties and the other DHS folks in the field who continue to work without pay until this situation is resolved. . . End rant.

Porter
      Call your Rep in Congress and tell them to give Trump the $... Not at all fair, but at least lets you vent on those responsible for the entire mess.. Had they been not derelict in their duty in the past, we wouldn't be going through this now.

Comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.8bd39dfc7fa6

Thanks for the many replies and discussions all of which I've read with interest and appreciation. CAPT Carroll's comments in the above WP article are well said and I'm glad the paper highlighted them. Looks like there will be an announcement this afternoon by POTUS. I'm hopeful we are moving toward resolution.

Porter

Comment

Porter...so sorry I missed the chance to say thank you for your service sir.... and I also understand your venting...

Trust me every time I stood the watch with out pay, I was a very vocal foul mouth *****ing NCO... I truly do get it....

A point I hope YOU and others learn....six weeks no pay and creditors looking to bend me over,,,was what got me to get frugal for a bit and put the 6 months pay in the savings account...took about a year and a half of fewer movies and restaurant dinners but we managed it

Comment

https://www.military.com/daily-news/...-congress.html

This nonsense continues as our civilians will fail to get their second paycheck tomorrow and our uniformed members, most likely, will not get paid again next week. It has come to this.

Porter

Comment

Welcome news, yesterday, my friends. I'd venture to say most Coasties will adjust their spending habits to be better prepared if this happens again. Fredvon4 is correct in that regard. Thanks again for the suggestions and support. While I've been working the whole time, I look forward to our civilians returning and moving forward with the Nation's maritime business. (And continuing to save for more reloading stuff. Next purchase - Dillion 550 .45ACP shell plate and kit so I can start reloading that awesome round!)

Porter

Comment

Porter...no Idea how many years you have to retirement..
                I do KNOW this for a Fact...the NEXT two years will be the worst politically YOU will ever see in YOUR life
                The possibility for one or more collapse of government with short or long federal shut downs is very high... IMO

Go Bag
                Bug out bag
                90 to 180 days of all supplies including BUCKS...'
                sure hope I am wrong but Shumer/Pelosi/Trump all have the power to righteously screw us up big time

Comment

Working...
                X