Sir. Winston Churchill said

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sir. Winston Churchill said

Sir Winston Churchill once remarked, “*********** was the noblest American who had ever lived and one of the greatest commanders known to the annals of war.”

Who was he speaking about?
    "We failed, but in the good providence of God apparent failure often proves a blessing." Robert E. Lee

A Virginian, light horses son.

Comment

Robert E. Lee
      Friends don't let friends shoot factory ammo.

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.
      -Winston Churchill

Comment

the lore lives on.

Comment

They keep trying to kill it.
          Friends don't let friends shoot factory ammo.

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.
          -Winston Churchill

Comment

Who do you see in my avatar but the man himself atop Traveler. And yes I celebrated his birthday Saturday even though its politically incorrect and as unpopular as a social disease.
            "Don't try to cover up a lack of training with a tool you don't understand."

John Lovell on upgrades.

Comment

High school Mrs. Charley and I attended and graduated from was named after Robert E Lee. Of course, the name was changed two years ago by the cowardly school district board of trustees. New name is LEE, "Legacy of Educational Excellence" Most alumni call it bulls*t. Most of the "students" who wanted the name change said "well it MUST be racist, Lee had nothing to do with San Antonio". Right, traveled thrugh during the Mexican War, and commanded the partment of Texas from here in the 1850s. Granted, he didn't much care for Texas or SA, would much rather have been back in Virginia. Stayed here and did his duty to his country. Much better lesson than the BS the school district tried to "teach".
              "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

From a letter President Eisenhower sent to a Dr, Scott in 1960, as to why the President of the United States would have a picture of a traitor in his office.

"General Robert E. Lee was, in my estimation, one of the supremely gifted men produced by our Nation. He believed unswervingly in the Constitutional validity of his cause which until 1865 was still an arguable question in America; he was a poised and inspiring leader, true to the high trust reposed in him by millions of his fellow citizens; he was thoughtful yet demanding of his officers and men, forbearing with captured enemies but ingenious, unrelenting and personally courageous in battle, and never disheartened by a reverse or obstacle. Through all his many trials, he remained selfless almost to a fault and unfailing in his faith in God. Taken altogether, he was noble as a leader and as a man, and unsullied as I read the pages of our history.

From deep conviction, I simply say this: a nation of men of Lee’s calibre would be unconquerable in spirit and soul. Indeed, to the degree that present-day American youth will strive to emulate his rare qualities, including his devotion to this land as revealed in his painstaking efforts to help heal the Nation’s wounds once the bitter struggle was over, we, in our own time of danger in a divided world, will be strengthened and our love of freedom sustained.

Such are the reasons that I proudly display the picture of this great American on my office wall".

Sincerely,

Dwight D. Eisenhower
                "We failed, but in the good providence of God apparent failure often proves a blessing." Robert E. Lee

Comment

If you're going to commit treason, win.
                  There is no chance I will re-join the NRA as long as Ted Nugent is on the board of directors.

I'm proud to live in a Sanctuary City! We welcome all immigrants and refugees!

Black lives matter.

Comment

Jammer Six, at what point would you stand against the U.S. Government? after the sitting congress, voided the 1st and 2nd Amendments maybe? What if you pledged your loyalty to your STATE above the corrupt Federal Government, would that make you guilty of treason? All in the eye of the beholder I guess.

Comment

The unspoken reason for the Civil War, at that time, was probably always slavery. However, in my reading, in addition to that, was also state's rights. Yes, the slaves were rightfully freed by the North's victory and, the states were enslaved. Until 1913 Senator's were elected by state legislators. From the adoption of the Constitution the Senate was always intended to be the representatives of the states and to look out for their interests. The House was always supposed to be "the people's house". In 1913, the year that began the decline of the US in earnest, with Senator's elected by the people, essentially we now have two Houses of Representatives. What used to be "the upper House", the Senate, is now the most exclusive country club in the world, limited by law to two members from each state which right now is a nice, even 100 members.

The reason I say 1913 is the year the decline of the US began in earnest is because 3 Federal bills were passed. The already mentioned election of Senator's by the people rather than state legislators, the passing of the bill establishing the Federal Reserve and passing the bill making income tax permanent....more or less.

Much as the argument over the 2nd Amendment when a considerable number of representatives did not believe it necessary because they could not believe the government they had established under the new Constitution would ever consider disarming the population, when the income tax law was passed there was a cadre of representatives who wanted to limit the amount of tax that could be levied to either 4% or 5%. This time there was a majority who did not believe the Federal govt. would ever tax the populace at such a high rate. Well, we've lived to see the results of both.

Now, question. Is any of that still taught in high school? That's where I learned every bit of it.
                      "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools". Romans 1:22

"Those who fail to study history are condemned to repeat it"

NRA Benefactor,

Comment

Originally posted by Bill_inBouse View Post
                        Jammer Six, at what point would you stand against the U.S. Government? after the sitting congress, voided the 1st and 2nd Amendments maybe? What if you pledged your loyalty to your STATE above the corrupt Federal Government, would that make you guilty of treason? All in the eye of the beholder I guess.
                        There can't be a set of rules that says "when this happens, I'll revolt", just like there can't be an iron-clad rule that says "if someone does this, I'll shoot" for self defense.

Doesn't matter who or what you pledged yourself to, doesn't matter what fraternity you belong to, doesn't matter what your lodge rules are. Picking up arms against the United States is treason.
                        There is no chance I will re-join the NRA as long as Ted Nugent is on the board of directors.

I'm proud to live in a Sanctuary City! We welcome all immigrants and refugees!

Black lives matter.

Comment

I'm a Texan. Lost relatives on both sides. My Great Grandfather survived Pickets Charge as well as getting shot at the Battle for the Craters in Petersburg and was with Lee at the surrender.. (I confirmed through research) Another great Grandfather left W.Va. to fight and was never heard from. In my opinion all Union Officers who resigned their commissions and fought for he south after the war should have been hung for Treason. I know why that didn't happen but an Oath is an Oath. I hope if I had been it that time I would have gone north and enlisted in the Union army. I had one Great Grandfather who did just that.
                          Never drink down stream from the herd.

Comment

Working...
                          X