Tejas most decorated WWI soldier

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tejas most decorated WWI soldier

I did not know this. Just found out today.
    https://historycollection.co/texas-m...can-immigrant/
    "The United States Marine Corps is a drug and I am a recovering addict."

"American by birthright… U.S. MARINE by the Grace of GOD!"

"And on the 8th day God created Marines and like fish, we came from the sea!"

One hell of a soldier regardless of his heritage.
    "I am, therefore I\'ll Think."- John Galt "Atlas Shrugged"

"Arguing with a Marine is like wrestling with a Pig. Everyone gets dirty, but the Pig loves it."

Comment

I've read about some of his actions, been quite a few years., and don't remember all the story. Was blocked from the CMH, though. As for the writer, Serna did NOT carry a "Lee Enfield" as was written. Obvious mistakes like that always make me suspect there are other mistakes I'm not aware of.
      "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

Did some research on the 89th Div in WW1 and could not find anything that shows what rifles they were using. Did US forces use both the 03 and 1917 Enfield in 30-06?
        Found a lot of info on the 89th and mentioned are actions by individual Soldiers, the first Soldier to get killed in combat and about a cook who cooked and took the meals to the Soldiers on the line. I did not see any mention of Serna's actions. But to be fair there was a lot more information to be looked at which would take too much time to go over all of it.
        Last edited by DesertMarine; 06-03-2019, 07:26. Reason: delete redundant info

Comment

Yeah, used M1903 and M1917s. The M 1917 was an Enfield, not a Lee Enfield.
          "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

Understand the difference between 1917 Enfield and Lee Enfield. Wondering if Serna carried a1917 Enfield and writer called a Lee Enfield, writers who do not what they are talking about, of which there are a lot of them.

Comment

I suspect that is the case.

Comment

Working...
              X