can of wasp spray for security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can of wasp spray for security

got this as an email forward ,dont have the source ?

If you don't have a gun, here's a more humane way to wreck someone's evil plans for you. Did you know this? I didn't. I never really thought of it before. I guess I can get rid of the baseball bat.

A friend who is a receptionist in a church in a high risk area was concerned about someone coming into the office on Monday to rob them when they were counting the collection. She asked the local police department about using pepper spray and they recommended to her that she get a can of wasp spray instead.

The wasp spray, they told her, can shoot up to twenty feet away and is a lot more accurate, while with the pepper spray, they have to get too close to you and could overpower you. The wasp spray temporarily blinds an attacker until they get to the hospital for an antidote. She keeps a can on her desk in the office and it doesn't attract attention from people like a can of pepper spray would. She also keeps one nearby at home for home protection. Thought this was interesting and might be of use.

On the heels of a break in and beating that left an elderly woman in Toledo dead, self defense experts have a tip that could saveyour life. Val Glinka teaches self-defense to students at Sylvania Southview High School. For decades, he's suggested putting a can of wasp and hornet spray near your door or bed. Glinka says, "This is better than anything I can teach them."

Glinka considers it inexpensive, easy to find, and more effective than mace or pepper spray. The cans typically shoot 20 to 30 feet; so if someone tries to break into your home, Glinka says "spray theculprit in the eyes." It's a tip he's given to students for decades. It's also one he wants everyone to hear. If you're looking for protection, Glinka says look to the spray.

"That's going to give you a chance to call the police; maybe getout." Maybe even save a life. Please share this with all the people in your life.

Salt&Light

WOODSMAN777

I suspect it'd be highly useful. Other than whatever neurotoxic properties it may have, I've also always noted a definite petroleum smell to it, and I do not know of any petroleum-based solvent carier type chemicals that are really enjoyed by the eyes.

20' range and most I use really throw a virtual liquid FLOOD out there.

We have so many wasps/hornets out here in the country that we use up typically a case or maybe more every summer keeping them down.
    I don\'t always venture out into the sub-freezing darkness, but when I do, it is hunting season, and I carry a Browning. Stay hungry my friends.

Comment

The wasp spray temporarily blinds an attacker until they get to the hospital for an antidote.

Nope...the AI in most of the wasp freeze type products has minmal effects on mammals, being simply pyrethrins or synthetic pyrethrin type materials. The effective component is/are the VOC solvents involved. You will need to hit the eyes or exposed mucus membranes (nasal cavity, mouth) for it to be effective. Still isn't going to stop somebody immediately, IME. I've seen folks in the industry stupidly take a blast in the face, lots of cursing and eye rubbing, but nothing totaly incapacitating instantly.

"The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

I have a friend, him and his wife travel the country quite a bit, both of them have cc permit, but some states don't honor them, so she carries a can of hair spray and a bic lighter, don't think I Need to explain them or how they work!! She can ruin your day if attacked!!!!!! I told her she needs to say, welcome to the b.b.q. just as she uses it!!

Comment

Don't know about the wasp/hornet spray, but I've seen the hairspray/lighter thing.. It would sure mess up someone's day if used on them.
          I\'m not sure if I shoot to reload, or reload to shoot !!! Both are habit forming.
          When in doubt, empty the magazine !!!

Comment

An amplified recording of Wayne Newton songs works like a charm. But you might be sued for excessive force in some states.
            Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

Comment

Wasp spray is extremely flammable also. Just in case one has a lighter close by.

Comment

-6 wrote:
                Wasp spray is extremely flammable also. Just in case one has a lighter close by.
                Most are, some are water based. Tough to light...
                "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

You could get a big can and use it to hide a big gun behind. 200 grs of lead in the eye's is guarented to stop anyone!
                  I pity the man that has never been loved by a dog!

Comment

if you have seen any of Clint Smith's home/self defence course's ,

he recommends using a fire extinguisher on intruders ,

spray them in the face with the foam until its gone

then hit them with the empty extinguisher.

pretty much your going to do what you have to do

and you are going to use what you have available

at the time (and hope you prepared well )

- adapt - improvise - overcome -

Salt&Light

WOODSMAN777

Comment

woodsman777 wrote:
                      - adapt - improvise - overcome -
                      Right there. :thumbs:
                      I don\'t always venture out into the sub-freezing darkness, but when I do, it is hunting season, and I carry a Browning. Stay hungry my friends.

Comment

I've got my can of wasp spray next to the back door. For anyone who knows, I have a wasp nestby the garage. I plan to use it on intruders as well.

Dabadger

Comment

Hello, I use brake cleaner to degrease my bullet moulds prior to use. I always wear goggles over my glases when using this stuff. got some overspray on hand and arm...started burning almost at once, area was red by time I got to water for flushing...would hate to get this stuff in eyes!

Comment

A cup of gas and a bic lighter = a "Screaming Alpha"! :wink:

A can of "Expanding Urethane Foam" as used in the boat industry has interesting possibilties........

Comment

The wasp spray in foam sounds like the bomb for defense.
                              Thanks,

TY

Comment

Working...
                              X