Fun little quiz

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun little quiz

See if you know, what you think you do or are you right and test wrong? Most here, should do pretty well. Maybe not 100%

https://www.topixoffbeat.com/quiz/43...33026,heosum50
    Columbia Falls, MT
    If we don’t speak out against the infringements of today, it will weaken our ability to stop the next infringements.
    Since it took 26th Amendment to change voting age, expanding rights under 14th Amendment. Why doesn't same requirement, to restrict rights, extend to 2nd Amendment?

NRA Benefactor Life, NRA Ring of Freedom, NRA-ILA Partner in Freedom, GOA Patriot, SAF, Oath Keepers

Well it was interesting.

I did miss a couple but it said I was an Ultimate Survivor.

Not going to excuse my mistakes.
    "I am, therefore I\'ll Think."- John Galt "Atlas Shrugged"

"Arguing with a Marine is like wrestling with a Pig. Everyone gets dirty, but the Pig loves it."

Comment

It is a bit long, but interesting. I might argue with a couple of their opinions but I also ranked as an ultimate survivor.
      Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Comment

Yep same here ultimate survivor 84%
        "We failed, but in the good providence of God apparent failure often proves a blessing." Robert E. Lee

Comment

I had 98%, but #4 answer was wrong, unless you don't care about salmonella, you don't eat raw wild bird eggs. If you're starving, you sure don't need the trots.
          Columbia Falls, MT
          If we don’t speak out against the infringements of today, it will weaken our ability to stop the next infringements.
          Since it took 26th Amendment to change voting age, expanding rights under 14th Amendment. Why doesn't same requirement, to restrict rights, extend to 2nd Amendment?

NRA Benefactor Life, NRA Ring of Freedom, NRA-ILA Partner in Freedom, GOA Patriot, SAF, Oath Keepers

Comment

good quiz I got a 87 partly cuz I am impatient and go too fast missed several that I should not have and learned along the way so interesting things too

Comment

84% but I had to eat one of my companions for protein.
              If it weren't for double standards, liberals would have no standards at all.

"Ammo and really good friends are hard to find in a gunfight so I bring them with me" E. J. Owens

Comment

Salmonella isn't the issue with unpasteurized bird eggs the govt wants you to think it is.

Even among close kept captive fowl (chickens), the risk is MAYBE 1 egg with Salmonella in it among 20,000 eggs. It's lower among wild roaming birds.

Same fear mongering over trichinosis from raw pork. There hasn't been a case in half a century in civilized nations (non-crap-holes), a common German dish is a pork tartare, same as beef tartare here.

I missed a couple, more over semantics than anything else, I light 100 fires every winter, no fluid needed, just a match and tinder.

Comment

Like those things 84 but the mushrooms made me feel all warm and fuzzy! Seen lots of colors to.
                  Mtman714; A man can do no better then to leave a good garden patch. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

While the risk of Salmonella, may be 1 in 20,000 eggs, the risk of getting struck by lightening are 1 in 300,000, yet you don't stand in a field, during a lightening storm. Since you'd likely eat several eggs, instead of 15 times the risk of lightening, you'd be closer to 40 times. Since the test dealt with long term survival, not lost in the woods overnight, the better/safer solution, would be to cook them, you need fire to purify drinking water anyway, before you should be eating..

It's like drinking "fresh" water, that could have Giardia in it. Current wisdom, if you're really in danger, it might be better to take chance, as it won't hit for 3-7 days and if you're rescued by then, it can be treated. In a long term VS short term, especially if medical help isn't likely, avoiding the trots, is the best option.
                    Columbia Falls, MT

Comment

Your likelihood of finding edible wild bird eggs is pretty slim in most parts of the US. Think about it. A female bird lays an egg a day for a max of about 12 days in the cases of ducks and turkeys. Once they start setting on the eggs the edible status changes pretty quickly. Here's a day by day for chicken development. Chickens hatch in 21 days from the set. Turkeys, geese and ducks 28 days, Pigeons and quail 16-19, song birds even less. So you have a bout 12 days as they lay and less than that to be edible unless you think you could down a partially developed bird. What day are you going to say "nope can't go there"?

http://www.thepoultrysite.com/articl...nt-day-by-day/

By the way the risk of Salmonella from eggs is climbing. The animal rights crowd is demanding that laying cages be destroyed and chickens given allowances to lay eggs in an unfettered environment. Caged hens used to lay eggs on a sloping cage floor where they immediately rolled down to a conveyor where they were packaged and cooled. Now the free roaming chickens lay their eggs on the litter of the chicken house floor. Egg shells are gas and bacteria permeable until they are dry and hard. When hens drop their eggs onto manure covered litter they stay wet on the bottom until the person gathering the eggs picks them up. They are then washed and sorted but the bacteria may already be inside.
                      Last edited by Rockydog; 07-04-2018, 16:59.
                      Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Comment

Rockydog, Your post reminded the Vietnamese found delicious chicken eggs which were allowed to develop, and boiled before hatching. Something I could NOT eat LOL
                        "We failed, but in the good providence of God apparent failure often proves a blessing." Robert E. Lee

Comment

I gave up on the quiz. Not many bears around these parts, and after three questions on hypothermia, they got old. Way more likely here to suffer from heat stroke, not hypothermia. The question about eating coral snakes was the worst advice. Yep, their neurotoxins are nasty stuff, but not pit vipers, fangs are not at the front of their mouth, more towards the middle. Also far less aggressive than pit vipers, damn near have to step on one to get a reaction other than moving away from you. If you couldn't; kill and eat a coral, you're dumb or clumsy enough to get killed by almost anything.
                          "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

Originally posted by Bill_inBouse View Post
                            Rockydog, Your post reminded the Vietnamese found delicious chicken eggs which were allowed to develop, and boiled before hatching. Something I could NOT eat LOL
                            A major delicacy in Indonesia IIRC, except using the larger Duck Eggs,,,,, Balut.

Not for me, Certain things I like crunchy, not eggs.
                            And yes, I had to put up with crunchy scrambled eggs in Air Force Basic, 30 yrs ago, extra calcium, not since.
                            I guess I should be happy they weren't Army Issue Powdered.

Comment

Had Navy powdered eggs onboard Navy troop attack transport ships, ugly looking and tasting worse.
                              "The United States Marine Corps is a drug and I am a recovering addict."

"American by birthright… U.S. MARINE by the Grace of GOD!"

"And on the 8th day God created Marines and like fish, we came from the sea!"

Comment

Working...
                              X