Solar Storm Risk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Storm Risk

There is some new data out there about massive solar storms that have occured in the past and how they might affect our modern world. Scientists are expressing concerns about radio signals that control every aspect of our life including power grids, communications, and other electronic devices. Looks like preppers may have yet another reason to stay alert. RD

Story here: https://phys.org/news/2019-03-uncove...ive-solar.html
    Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Et Canis Manducare Canis Mundi

There are a number of discussions on SurvivalMonkey.com (and other prepper related sites) concerning CMEs and other sources of EMP. The long and short of it is that these things are unpredictable and that some sort of preparations need to be made that are NOT dependent on any particular bit of modern technology. It's worth the mention that there is a very large quantity of misinformation and speculation on the web.
    -Remote locations are cheap insurance.
    -There are two kinds of ships: Submarines and targets

Comment

No need to worry about it. I have it on good authority that cow flatulence is the primary cause of solar storms so the green new deal will solve this problem too.
      If it weren't for double standards, liberals would have no standards at all.

"Ammo and really good friends are hard to find in a gunfight so I bring them with me" E. J. Owens

Comment

Originally posted by ozark ed View Post
        no need to worry about it. I have it on good authority that cow flatulence is the primary cause of solar storms so the green new deal will solve this problem too.
        lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
        Mtman714; A man can do no better then to leave a good garden patch. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Ted Koppel (former ABC News anchor) actually wrote a very good book called "Light's Out" a few years back. Well researched and written, it discusses everything from solar activity affecting the power grid to terrorist threats to the grid. Bottom line is, we're quite vulnerable. I would recommend this book. Real eye opener.
          The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Menken

NRA Endowment
          US Navy Retired

Comment

Working...
          X