Announcement

Collapse

New Chat Room

The new chat room is floating on the bottom right hand corner of your screen. You will have to login to chat. But don't forget to log out when you are done, otherwise it will keep you listed as active.
See more
See less

I have to go fishing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have to go fishing

I look after and maintain a few boats in my local marina. A few of them The owners are only here over the winter month and I have to run them once in a while to keep the engines in oil etc. One in particular a 34 foot main ship has to be taken for a " walk" once a month minimum. The owner even deposited several bottles of scotch on board to make sure I take it out fishing once a month. He pays for the fuel, so he knows that If i don't use enough of that, she is not getting out as much as he likes.
    So the missus and me are going to spend the day on the wrecks and maybe a little bit of trolling near the gulf stream.
    Its a tough job I have, but someone has to do it I guess.

Your sacrifice is an example to us all, the world needs more servants you

Comment

Great job. Hope the MainShip is a diesel with bow thrusters. A great cruiser, to go to the humps.

Comment

I spent 4.5 years living and cruising on a 31ft Ericson back in my 20ies after I got out of the USN as a Quartermaster. It's a time when my knuckles were barked frequently and many memories were made. Fish was a mainstay to maintain the "budget". The AlenuihahaChannel will forever be my sailing baptism and test of sphincter control while pulling in a 35lbs Ono. The folks I sold it to are friends and I take her sailing from time to time when back home.
        Good judgement comes from experience,
        and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.
        Mark Twain

Comment

Just a bunch of cobia and locust fish ( red snapper ) nothing to take home

Comment

Originally posted by BEAR View Post
            Great job. Hope the MainShip is a diesel with bow thrusters. A great cruiser, to go to the humps.
            Yup she has a Yanmar and bow and stern thrusters. Almost boring to park

Comment

beautiful boat Scuba. took a 800 mile live aboard and docked in Boot key next to a similar MainShip. just beautiful. green!

Comment

broiled Cobia with lemon/butter/capers. love it!

Comment

This year there is not season on red snappers and cobra, so they all had to go back in. I don't understand why, as there are so many red snappers, they are trying to chew their way into the boat.

Comment

well, always reds and barracuda! trout were slotted in February IF I recall.

There is no day bad fishing! love it. planning February in the keys now...just making my packing list.

Comment

Next year I'll have a boat that I can run fishing charters with. Only one or two a week to get a little break now and then from just fixing peoples boats.

Comment

Working...
                      X