No announcement yet.

Nearly ready

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be honest, this is actually a bit boring. The thing has auto pilot and stabilizers. So she rides on course and steady with zero to do other then look at the instruments now and then. At least I have to steer a bit once in the ICW.

Comment

Comment

I can cook; so can my wife..........
        Wimachtendienk, Wingolauchsik, Witahemui

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.
        He who knows not and knows he knows not, is wise.

Comment

Sounds like it will be a nice trip have fun and be careful.
          I came to the oilfield to get rich now I got to stay to eat.

Comment

Someone takes good care of her, that's one clean engine, was it repowered? Nice boat to play with.
            Mtman714; A man can do no better then to leave a good garden patch. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Nope I rebuilt the engines in situe. This Hatteras does not have the hatches to lift the engines out so had to work where they are. The wall to the center walk through comes out below hip level though. that helped a lot. I do most the work myself but when there is something that I don't want to do or can't, i just tell the owner and he lets me get people in to sort it out and send him the tab. No questions asked. He like to have her in good shape
              The navigation gear is outdated but I am used to it and he does not drive the boat, so its fine with me. I have paper cherts for the areas of the bi annual run and that works for me.
              Last edited by Scuba1; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

11:00 lines off tomorrow first stop Morehead city

Comment

Life is tough your one heck of a guy, good luck hope you don't get hungry...
                  shoot\'em till your arm falls off

Comment

I grew a London broil on the BBQ last night to take with me for sustenance .... just something to nibble on till we get to a marina with a restaurant lol. I told the owner of the boat that I am a meat and potato kind of guy, so he went out yesterday and got a cook pot and some beef lol

Comment

I just realized that boat is almost as long as my house is
                      Wimachtendienk, Wingolauchsik, Witahemui

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.
                      He who knows not and knows he knows not, is wise.

Comment

.Just tied up in Hampton Roads. The first leg of the trip from Hilton head to Morehead city was a bit rough and we had fish on deck. The rest was easy going. Minus the bridge waits etc. So tomorrow its lines off and head to where she stays for the summer. Am on my phone at the moment. I'll put some photos up when I get back home.
                        Does your house float ???

But if you had these two engines in your basement, you could take your house to the grocery store. Now parking the thing is a different matter. On that one Ill stick with the boat. even though I had to shoehorn her into a 40 foot dock to pump the shit out today and then back out half blind as there was not enough room in the marina to turn.
                        Next year I am going to have CCTV all around linked to the two screens I have in the wheelhouse. The Owner gave the OK for me to install them after today ..... and I did not even hit anything to convince the guy they are needed.

Last edited by Scuba1; 1 week ago.

Comment

Well I pulled into her summer marina on Friday at 18:00 and put the boat to bed on saturday as she is not going to get run until I pick her up in November to bring her back to Hilton Head Island.
                          So here are the stats for those who are interested.
                          Travel time from Hilton Head Island to Herring Bay. 68 hours. The first 30 non stop in lousy weather around the outside From HHI the Morehead City
                          Fuel used 1240 Gal
                          Average speed 10.2 knots.
                          The 20kw Generator ran from Monday to Friday and I only stopped it once a day to check the oil. It used 1 quart on that trip and the engines just under a gallon each.

Comment

Working...
                          X