What a little treasure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a little treasure

A customer of mine just gave me this little beauty. He has had it in his attic for over 30 years and she is more then twice that age. Turns over and has good compression. This is going to be a great restoration project to get her back to as new.
    The H in ENGINEERING stands for Happiness

Pretty doggone cool. I suppose everything is a bit varnished up in the tank and carb but some handmade gaskets and gum out spray should have her humming in no time. RD
    Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Et Canis Manducare Canis Mundi

Comment

is it SeaGull?

Comment

Fine old outboard!
        Mtman714; A man can do no better then to leave a good garden patch. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I remember an old Tyrone Power movie where at the end of the movie his on a lake with his son and it was a motor like that pushing their dingy.

Be great on a small Jon boat in shallow waters.
          "I am, therefore I\'ll Think."- John Galt "Atlas Shrugged"

"Arguing with a Marine is like wrestling with a Pig. Everyone gets dirty, but the Pig loves it."

Comment

Originally posted by BEAR View Post
            is it SeaGull?
            Yep it a pre 1954 British seagull runs on 1:10 fuel oil mix .... a proper noseeums killing machine. I will probably build a little wooden skiff for it to hang on.

Comment

looekd like a SeaGull. simple design, cool.

Just sold off my collection of olde outboard. 1950 Johnson 5hp, 1951 mercury 6 hp, and 1953 30 hp johnson.

Was fun maintainng and running all 3 but age beat me up.
              Last edited by BEAR; 03-13-2019, 18:23.

Comment

For me this is more about the project then owning one. As I said, I'll restore it and probably build a little wooden boat for it, play with the thing for a summer and then sell the setup.

Comment

I love them old tater mashers.

Comment

Yep me too ... they are fun to work on

Comment

Tripped over this ad, and though you might get a kick out of it.
                      "I am, therefore I\'ll Think."- John Galt "Atlas Shrugged"

"Arguing with a Marine is like wrestling with a Pig. Everyone gets dirty, but the Pig loves it."

Comment

Love it Mortis

Comment

Working...
                        X