taking the bug for a ride in the morning, I hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• taking the bug for a ride in the morning, I hope

Got the foam in under the motor No cover over it , bulge pumps all hooked up time for another water test.
    I have change the drive a little and add two extension pods since the last test.
    WISH ME LUCK I'll try to take some video or pics.

shoot\'em till your arm falls off

Unintended consequences.

I added flotation pods in the back to carry the weight.

Which they did, but Now I cant get the nose to come up.

Even with the elevators full up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjEiSTn1vos

Now I have to move the seats and gas tank back, more redo's ,Dang it.

Comment

Hey, It floats and moves. You started with nothing and got this far. There are tons of projects like this stuck in the back of a barn or in the corner of a scrap yard somewhere after the dreamer gave up. You'll get yours up and running. No doubt about it. Can't wait to see it running on the right plane and under full control. RD
      Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Et Canis Manducare Canis Mundi

Comment

focus on the rightt side...you got that extra floatation you wanted.
        Remember when duck hunting you will need even more gear/weight up front.

Comment

Just looking at the pics, i have a question for you. How tall is that rig all trailered up?
          Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Et Canis Manducare Canis Mundi

Comment

10 feet

Comment

Originally posted by BEAR View Post
              Remember when duck hunting you will need even more gear/weight up front.
              Pull a tag along raft off to the side maybe

Comment

What rpm is the engine spinning up to ??
                The H in ENGINEERING stands for Happiness

Comment

2400 to 2500 rpm and the prop should be turning 2200 to 2300

Comment

That seems mighty slow. Just my two cents, but that flat 4 should be running at least at 3500 at full throttle so I think its laboring against a high prop pitch ... shame that is does not look to be a variable pitch air screw or one could dabble around with that some to make the engine happier.

Comment

I have a 3 blade with changeable pitch blocks, I can get it pitched down so the motor will go around 3000 but I want more push. If I keep the same pitch / prop
                      I can change the sprockets and get to 3000. If I go that route I think I can turn more prop for more push.
                      Kinda like chasing my own tail.
                      The tips can't go over the speed of sound , all kind of things happen if they do.
                      The longer the blades the slower they have to go regardless the pitch.
                      Biggest thing is I have to get the front up some more. and go from there.
                      Last edited by d45/70; 06-29-2019, 18:22.

Comment

Well You can't change the weight of the boat or the power of the engine. So the only option there is is to change the transmission as it were. In order to move enough air to get the boat on plane you have to change down a gear. Meaning to get the engine into its optimal rpm band. Right now, you are trying to get of the lights in 3rd gear and its to much for the engine to pull by the sound and look of things.

Comment

YUP....
                          But I think if I can reduce the amount of water I'm pushing In front of the boat I may be able to get on plane with the power I have.
                          Going to shift the weight around first.

Comment

Working...
                          X