No announcement yet.

FN FAL

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got back from shooting mine. A friend's range has a 24" steel plate at 420 yards. I was hitting it 50% of the time using tracer ammo. Just screwing around shooting off hand.

Comment

The farthest I can currently shoot is 300 yards. Just enough to let you know what you're doing wrong!
      ...keep your stick on the ice.

Mark

Comment

I have a STG-58, a SAR-48 and a G1

I also used to have a Rhodesian R1, an Imbel and an Indian L1A1. (Safe is getting full so one of these days the G1 is going to find a new home). I have shot a full auto down at the creek and it was much more controllable than an M-14.

The military chamber really expands the case to where after only a couple reloads you can see the ICS ring inside the case. They also need full length sized which usually stretches the case and then it needs trimmed - a whole lot of extra work.

My ar-308 fired brass will plunk right in a Wilson case gage and show proper headspace without any sizing. I can then use a busing die and it will chamber in my R-700 no problem.

I do like the FAL, it is a tough ol girl but I am liking the AR for regular use.
        That's my opinion and I'm stick'n to it...
        ...till I change my mind.

Comment

I have had an SAR-48 for about 20 years now. Its the one on the bottom.

Comment

Of all my battle rifles, my Fals are my favorite, they aren’t as accurate as my M1A’s but I still love them.

Comment

I'm still kicking myself in the rear for not picking up an FAL at a Cedar Rapids gun show priced at $400 about 10 yrs ago.

Comment

Working...
              X