No announcement yet.

Your most accurate handguns...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LAZS I hear you I really like the 38 Super as a round I really feel it is one of the most over looked and under appreciated round out there.

Comment

There is actually a reason for that zzz ... when the caliber first came out.. since it had this semi rim on it.. everyone headspaced on the rim. I think all current 38 super guns headspace on the mouth which is more accurate in semi autos.

lazs

Comment

6" 686 S&W is my most accurate handgun. 9mm CZ75B is the second most accurate, and my 5.5" Redhawk in .45 Colt is third.

Comment

I think I mentioned this before. My most accurate handgun, hands down, is a 10" Contender in .357 Magnum. I still have the target I shot with it almost 20 years ago. 1.01" at 100 yards. Try as I might I couldn't get in under that 1" mark. Haunts me to this day. I guess a man has to know his limitations, which are a lot more today than they were back then. That ship has sailed.
          Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

Comment

Couple minutes later... Well, dang. I knew I had told that story. Not only can't better that target, but CRS, too! Growing old aint for sissies.
            Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

Comment

Hands down my Mod. 97 Freedom Arms in 45 Colt. It shoots quite well all the way out to 300 yards. After that it could be a 5 or 6 way tie among a S&W pre-17, High Standard Sport King, Colt New Frontier in 44 Spl., Ruger Blackhawk in 45 Colt, another Colt Army Special in 32-20 and a Colt SAA clone in 32-20.
              "Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools". Romans 1:22

"Those who fail to study history are condemned to repeat it"

NRA Benefactor,

Comment

I like how you think.. have heard nothing but good things about the Freedom arms guns. I own both a pre 17 Smith and a High Standard sport king and concur.. I do not have a Colt SAA in 44 spl but I special (so to speak) ordered a Cimarron in 44 spl that has .430 chambers and .4295 bore that shoots like a house on fire... I recently am working with an older Blackhawk Ruger in .30 carbine using 32-20 brass that has perfect chamber/barrel relationship and shoots flat and accurate

My 629 is amazing tho. But... Dan Wesson? one of the best.Older Kimber? a winner. 91 series Colt Government? put a smile on your face.The second pic is a 1936 pre 17 As I said tho.. everything from the second pic down could work for a 6 way tie for all practical purposes.

lazs

Comment

Hands down, my revolvers get the "most accurate" vote. I haven't had a single auto loader that could shoot groups nearly as good as the Ruger SBH, SRH, S&W M66 snubs, M10-5, those 5 wheel guns are scary accurate. The 9mm & 40's just can't keep pace.

HBC

Comment

high.. got to say I pretty much agree.. but.. when it gets to 45 acp things get... interesting. I keep pretty good records. My revolvers when tuned with the right load all shoot really really well. The Kimber in the pics? It is sorta kinda amazing..

To put things in perspective tho.. a 45 is a big slug. so the group looks better than some of the .38/357 groups that are actually a tad better.. but here it is.. one of the better Kimber groups.

lazs
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	kimber25yard.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	786096

Comment

Nice group. I can hardly make out the powder burns.

Comment

LOL.. that is the best group I am sure for that day. no date on it but it has to be a couple of years ago.. splatter targets do make you look good with great big bullets tho. both the Python and the 626 have beat that group with the right load but... powder burns? yeah.. you should see the sandbags after a revolver session. The were gonna ban me till I got a leather cover to put over the clubs sandbags.

lazs

Comment

I'm not anti 45 acp, but I don't have desire for one, and actually I don't really get into any AL's all that much.

HBC

Comment

sorry but what is AL's? I am a revolver guy.. I don't have many semi autos. but a 1911 fits my hand and has a great trigger and is accurate with a round that is no sissy. It is also childs play to load. If I take more than a few handguns out plinking.. you can bet one of em is a 1911... only a couple? they will be revolvers. except for a sig or two.. and some good 22 semis.. I really don't have much use for semi auto pistols other than 1911's

lazs

Comment

Working...
                            X