I'm weak

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm weak

Went to a local show today. Picked up a Ruger Security 9. Interesting handgun, feels good, seems to handle well, nice sights. Safety is awkward, could use some tuning, moving it to "on" take both hands. Sweeps down to "off" ok, though. Just not a 1911! Price was good, paid just over $300, including tax. I've seen some good write ups on it, will do some testing. Already have a holster designed for it, small enough to make a decent carry gun.
    "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

well charley , that is nice to know as I purchased a security 9 a couple months ago , if and when you get your holster finished , could you post a couple pics of it , I need one for momma and have not really found anything that suits her .

Comment

I'll get some pictures up when I finish at least a right hander.
      "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

Charley I would not say you are weak , more like addicted.....a common occurrence here at the bench .
        if I don't get over this soon I'm going to need a bigger safe ( groan )

Comment

I'd be interested in hearing about it. I'm looking for a new 9mm unloader. The Security 9 uses the same mags as the Ruger PCC which I'm planning on picking up as soon as the frenzy abates.
          Semper Fi!

Comment

I think you made a good choice. One thing I like about them is it has a sear and hammer in the frame which could probably be tuned for a nice crisp trigger. Been looking at them myself.

Comment

OK have a left hand and right hand holster made. Was hoping to do some testing yesterday or today on the gun, but youngest grandson went to the ER yesterday for some (thankfully fairly minor) surgery, so, we're watching the other grandkids. Testing will be at Breckenridge, looks like. Holsters turned out OK, should work well. Might be tough to switch this into rotation with a 1911, but will give it a try after testing and I know it works.

Comment

Based on this thread I took a look at one of these at the local emporium for the firearms addicted. Very nice gun, pointed very naturally, seemed very handy. The grip could be just a bit longer for large hands but in current form was easy to conceal. The magazine drops out of the grip like poop from a goose. Best drop I think I've ever seen. If I was in the market for another 9mm I think a Ruger Security 9 would be at the top of the list.

I couldn't remember the name or number of the gun, only that it was internal hammer fired and not striker operated. I told the guy behind the counter what I was looking for based upon that description. He told me that Ruger did not make an internal hammer fired gun, they are all striker fired. In the end he pulled the Ruger site up on the computer and started looking at the features on each model. There it was, plain as day. He still didn't believe it and had to field strip it to check before he agreed that it was hammer fired. RD
                Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Comment

Been working with the gun, smoothing out OK. Safety is easier to manipulate, odd thing about it is it pivots from the front, not the rear like our 1911s! Can slide it to "on" now with the shooting hand. Only thing I really don't like is minor, lawyer talk on the grip frame..."pistol will fire with magazine removed".

Comment

Charlie as talented as you are you should be able to burnish all that verbiage right off.
                    Reloader since 1969.

Comment

Working...
                    X