New gun day; CZ P-07 (sortof)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New gun day; CZ P-07 (sortof)

almost 2 weeks ago I pulled the trigger on gunbroker and ordered myself this firearm. Without disparaging any shops out there, the shop had a shipping delay because of the holiday; to which I though "Ok whatever, I don't even have time for the next week or 2 anyway." I actually had to call this shop and remind them they had missed the shipping day, and it turns out they had forgotten about my order; so they bumped it up to 2 day shipping.

The FFL I had it shipped to is a local man and happened to not be home Monday when the UPS driver showed up. More delay, but no big deal considering thtat it was christmas eve. So he picked it up from the UPS store yesterday and gives me a call to come pick it up but there were NO MAGAZINES... I called the shop on the way home and not only are they claiming their orders are backed up still, and that the "shipping guy" is already gone for the day. I won't be shooting this thing for a week while they ship. Go figure... I might wanna shoot some bullets out of this thing.

I'm pretty bummed out. I mean I can dry fire with my snap cap for the time being, I just can't believe the incompetence and lack of service. I mean it all makes sense considering they're distributors simultaneously ship out mags that are CA/MD/CO capacity compliant forcing the store to unpack and pack them with the firearms... but as a manager/owner I'd be taking magazines to the UPS store myself to overnight them if I was in their shoes. Obviously gunbroker customers aren't of any priority to a LGS.

Anyway, I took the opportunity to use the free shipping to order 2 more magazines (total of 4), and ordred a +5 round baseplate/grip extension. I also ordered the Kadet 22 adapter slide/barrel direct from CZ . I'll get some pictures up when I get some magazines and can actually shoot it.
    Last edited by Lizardkinged; 3 weeks ago.

Wow, not sure I would use that business again unless they terminate the shipping guy they “blame” all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ledslnger View Post
      Wow, not sure I would use that business again unless they terminate the shipping guy they “blame” all the time.
      I didn't intend to become a repeat customer which is probably why this happened... There's just no priority for online/gunbroker transactions.

The Local gun shop mentality is crazy IMO which is why they're always so damn grumpy. I'm a regular at my shop, I bought 6 guns from my local store in the last 12 months and only really paid a fair price on two of them! These idiots want to blame the customer rather than look at the reality that places like Buds gunshop, Cabela's/Basspro, Dicks, even Dunhams... is flat outselling them from year to year! Always some eager kid at dunhams just happy to work the gun counter instead of stock sports bras and shoes like Al Bundy who might not know anything but is more pleasant to deal with then Sgt. Grumpy at the local gun store.

They take some holier than thou stance about not buying guns from them, but consistently price themselves out of business. I saved $64 dollars even after shipping and paying my FFL... If the local gun shop could figure out some balance or wiggle room there + or - $20 we'd be in business... but they either can't compete or there's just something wrong internally there.

The MOST pathetic thing is that unless you're an FFL ordering firearms in the 10's... you're typically only going to see $15 dollars profit on a $600 AR like an M&P. Thats about all the discount they get on those (not some rumored 30% discount). They gotta pay the salesperson to make the sale... and still process and file the transfer. If they we're more open to take customer's FFL purchases tt would easily net twice the profit, in half the time after paying that salesperson to simply process and file the transfer. The smaller stores already somewhat operate on a system like this as is considering that their website is directly tied to the distributors inventory; and they force you to order from there if they don't have the model you want in stock... which is about 90% of the time unless it's one of the years top 5 best sellers. There's a store locally that has literally NO inventory and only sells their used guns online at auction (displaying them once a week to locals before the auction). They're not a CZ dealer or I'd have probably given them a chance despite being a bit further away than I like.

You'd think the local gun shop would want all the FFL transfer customers they could get their hands on. They fail to understand that they simply can't fill their inventory the same way the big box stores do. (Or even big non national outfits like Jay's up in Clare MI)... Tons of places like this on the map that can also fill and appeal to a larger and more diverse inventory than the Local gun shop can... but the LGS choose to alienate their customer base with their crappy jaded attitudes... If you don't like answering the same stupid questions all day; then you should probably just kill yourself. It's called being human.

I mean it wouldn't kill them to change up their model a little to remain competitive. They basically make money on ammo and their indoor range, and smithing services; none of which I can really help them with or vice versa! They really only make money on the top 5 selling models of the current year because it's the only thing they're going to sell more than 10 to order enough units to see a large enough price cut to net a profit they can pass onto the consumer with savings. MAYBE they need to sell some guns on gunbroker to be able to fill their inventory and actually see that larger manufacturer's discount.

On top of it all... this is the gun-store that let some Mofo walk through 2 different doors, and right out the front door with a RENTAL gun in his waistband; immediately went and shot his girlfriend and himself. Crazies will be crazy... but I wouldn't be letting anyone renting a gun on the range leave my store "for a smoke" or any reason until that rental is sitting back behind the counter... you can continue the rental when you come back in.

I will at least give the shop credit that they're one of the only places in the area that sells cartridge reloading supplies and have made a few orders for me in the past. It's a bummer because the hazmat is just paid in markup. I ordered over $300 dollars in powder and primers and they acted like they we're doing me a favor... while they filled/put in the stores own reloading order... said they'd cut me a good deal... I could have just waited for powder valley or Midsouth (even midway) to have a hazmat sale. And now I typically buy from a distributor that literally only works the gun-shows and makes a KILLING! I have his card and usually just ask him to bring me anything special or out of the ordinary a few weeks before the next show and he brings it.

Anyway. Sorry to rant guys.
      Last edited by Lizardkinged; 3 weeks ago.

Comment

I must live in a great area. I have multiple LGS and they're all great places to support. I almost always deal with the owners. My problem is deciding which one I'll use for the next purchase. I don't expect them to compete with large online retailers on price. I do expect them to provide much better service which they always do. Oh, and they're all lower priced than Bass Pro on anything that isn't a promotional item.
        If it weren't for double standards, liberals would have no standards at all.

"Ammo and really good friends are hard to find in a gunfight so I bring them with me" E. J. Owens

Comment

Originally posted by Ozark Ed View Post
          I must live in a great area. I have multiple LGS and they're all great places to support. I almost always deal with the owners. My problem is deciding which one I'll use for the next purchase. I don't expect them to compete with large online retailers on price. I do expect them to provide much better service which they always do. Oh, and they're all lower priced than Bass Pro on anything that isn't a promotional item.
          Wish mine lived up to yours! Like I was saying, either they just can't compete in our area or they just need to change something internally because it's not only about the price. Frankly it's just getting easier to give my money to Dunhams and Cabelas... where I actually get excellent service.

Comment

I am lucky too with three pretty decent LGS close to me--- and one I have not checked out yet ...private farm out in the sticks and out of my way

Two of them, when I ask for a specific want...they tag their suppliers first, and as a courtesy to me, search GB and tell me what is the better deal even with their Flat $25 FFL fee for using GB

I am loyal to both stores and after 20 years mostly on first name basis...I always dicker over price on a gun but not anything else...we each enjoy the banter and josh around about how I can go down the street and save 5 bucks...sez the counter guy .."head out I will call Lee and let him know the tightwad is a comin"..

I don't smoke any more--- and for a decade now no smoking in any bushiness in our town...I do miss the days of just hanging out, smoking up the place and talking embellished war stories or hunting/fishing BS

Comment

Originally posted by Fredvon4 View Post
              I am lucky too with three pretty decent LGS close to me--- and one I have not checked out yet ...private farm out in the sticks and out of my way

Two of them, when I ask for a specific want...they tag their suppliers first, and as a courtesy to me, search GB and tell me what is the better deal even with their Flat $25 FFL fee for using GB

I am loyal to both stores and after 20 years mostly on first name basis...I always dicker over price on a gun but not anything else...we each enjoy the banter and josh around about how I can go down the street and save 5 bucks...sez the counter guy .."head out I will call Lee and let him know the tightwad is a comin"..

I don't smoke any more--- and for a decade now no smoking in any bushiness in our town...I do miss the days of just hanging out, smoking up the place and talking embellished war stories or hunting/fishing BS
              See they've got the right idea... adapt or die...

Comment

Originally posted by Lizardkinged View Post

I didn't intend to become a repeat customer which is probably why this happened... There's just no priority for online/gunbroker transactions.

The Local gun shop mentality is crazy IMO which is why they're always so damn grumpy. I'm a regular at my shop, I bought 6 guns from my local store in the last 12 months and only really paid a fair price on two of them! These idiots want to blame the customer rather than look at the reality that places like Buds gunshop, Cabela's/Basspro, Dicks, even Dunhams... is flat outselling them from year to year! Always some eager kid at dunhams just happy to work the gun counter instead of stock sports bras and shoes like Al Bundy who might not know anything but is more pleasant to deal with then Sgt. Grumpy at the local gun store.

They take some holier than thou stance about not buying guns from them, but consistently price themselves out of business. I saved $64 dollars even after shipping and paying my FFL... If the local gun shop could figure out some balance or wiggle room there + or - $20 we'd be in business... but they either can't compete or there's just something wrong internally there.

The MOST pathetic thing is that unless you're an FFL ordering firearms in the 10's... you're typically only going to see $15 dollars profit on a $600 AR like an M&P. Thats about all the discount they get on those (not some rumored 30% discount). They gotta pay the salesperson to make the sale... and still process and file the transfer. If they we're more open to take customer's FFL purchases tt would easily net twice the profit, in half the time after paying that salesperson to simply process and file the transfer. The smaller stores already somewhat operate on a system like this as is considering that their website is directly tied to the distributors inventory; and they force you to order from there if they don't have the model you want in stock... which is about 90% of the time unless it's one of the years top 5 best sellers. There's a store locally that has literally NO inventory and only sells their used guns online at auction (displaying them once a week to locals before the auction). They're not a CZ dealer or I'd have probably given them a chance despite being a bit further away than I like.

You'd think the local gun shop would want all the FFL transfer customers they could get their hands on. They fail to understand that they simply can't fill their inventory the same way the big box stores do. (Or even big non national outfits like Jay's up in Clare MI)... Tons of places like this on the map that can also fill and appeal to a larger and more diverse inventory than the Local gun shop can... but the LGS choose to alienate their customer base with their crappy jaded attitudes... If you don't like answering the same stupid questions all day; then you should probably just kill yourself. It's called being human.

I mean it wouldn't kill them to change up their model a little to remain competitive. They basically make money on ammo and their indoor range, and smithing services; none of which I can really help them with or vice versa! They really only make money on the top 5 selling models of the current year because it's the only thing they're going to sell more than 10 to order enough units to see a large enough price cut to net a profit they can pass onto the consumer with savings. MAYBE they need to sell some guns on gunbroker to be able to fill their inventory and actually see that larger manufacturer's discount.

On top of it all... this is the gun-store that let some Mofo walk through 2 different doors, and right out the front door with a RENTAL gun in his waistband; immediately went and shot his girlfriend and himself. Crazies will be crazy... but I wouldn't be letting anyone renting a gun on the range leave my store "for a smoke" or any reason until that rental is sitting back behind the counter... you can continue the rental when you come back in.

I will at least give the shop credit that they're one of the only places in the area that sells cartridge reloading supplies and have made a few orders for me in the past. It's a bummer because the hazmat is just paid in markup. I ordered over $300 dollars in powder and primers and they acted like they we're doing me a favor... while they filled/put in the stores own reloading order... said they'd cut me a good deal... I could have just waited for powder valley or Midsouth (even midway) to have a hazmat sale. And now I typically buy from a distributor that literally only works the gun-shows and makes a KILLING! I have his card and usually just ask him to bring me anything special or out of the ordinary a few weeks before the next show and he brings it.

Anyway. Sorry to rant guys.
                If you're in Michigan and looking for a great family owned gun shop with good gun smiths, go to Dick Williams Gunshop on Cole Rd in Saginaw. They have a wepsite too, but don't sell from it, just info. I have bought and traded with them for years and they have always given me a fair price on any gun I got there. My wife went there one yr behind my back telling them she wanted to buy me a Savage LRPV in 204R and they ordered it and sold it to her for a little over $800.00 out the door. Keep in mind, that rifle costs way more than 8 bills retail. About 5 or 6 yrs ago they got about 15 M1 Garands, 1903A3 and other milsurps from a man who was sick and wanted to sell his collection. They called me up and invited me in the back, gave me a bore light and let me look over them all. I selected a very nice 1942 Springfield Garand and paid $675.00 out the door. Might be a ways to drive depending on your location, but good people to work with.
                http://www.dickwilliamsgunshop.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Savageluvr View Post

If you're in Michigan and looking for a great family owned gun shop with good gun smiths, go to Dick Williams Gunshop on Cole Rd in Saginaw. They have a wepsite too, but don't sell from it, just info. I have bought and traded with them for years and they have always given me a fair price on any gun I got there. My wife went there one yr behind my back telling them she wanted to buy me a Savage LRPV in 204R and they ordered it and sold it to her for a little over $800.00 out the door. Keep in mind, that rifle costs way more than 8 bills retail. About 5 or 6 yrs ago they got about 15 M1 Garands, 1903A3 and other milsurps from a man who was sick and wanted to sell his collection. They called me up and invited me in the back, gave me a bore light and let me look over them all. I selected a very nice 1942 Springfield Garand and paid $675.00 out the door. Might be a ways to drive depending on your location, but good people to work with.
                  http://www.dickwilliamsgunshop.com/
                  Thanks for the heads up . I actually pass through about once a month.

Comment

Here's some pictures after the first range/break in day. Also pictured is my grandfather's 39-2 my father gave me when I turned 21 for my first pistol when he asked me to "pick one".

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	103.2 KB ID:	829294Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	83.1 KB ID:	829295Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	86.7 KB ID:	829296Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	93.8 KB ID:	829297Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	90.2 KB ID:	829298
                    Last edited by Lizardkinged; 1 week ago.

Comment

To add insult to injury... The magazines came on monday and we're for a different model (compatable but with different basepads.)

I contacted the shop and it was just more excuses. I did some digging and found out that the owner retired and gave the business to his son... The end of an era... I cant count on the falsely entitled shits my age to get anything right. After hearing the excuses I called CZ usa and they apologized 100 times put some correct basepads in the mail immediately for free. How hard is that? They didn't even screw anything up and fixed it IMMEDIATELY...

As for the first trip to the range. It performed flawlessly. 250 rounds down the tube with ZERO failures, and was quite a pleasure to shoot. My 39 is still more familiar, and was easier to shoot until I became fatigued. What this tells me is: The P07 was by far an easier handgun to use if one had less technique and experience or was fatigued.

It was very very accurate. Rang the 6" plates at 15 yards all day. Fired a 20rd mag at 7yds as quickly as possible, and still rang the plate a surprising amount of times.

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	69.5 KB ID:	829314Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	81.7 KB ID:	829315Click image for larger version  Name:	 Views:	1 Size:	64.8 KB ID:	829316

Here is the .22 Kadet adapter. Technically a Non FFL item, but is serialed on the upper for European sales. It's very simple, came with a nice little case and 2 extra recoil springs of different tensions. Haven't read up on them yet. The Anodized aluminum doesn't match the coating/finish that's on the P07's 9mm assembly but it's still pretty pleasing to look at on top of the polymer lower. Plus my 39-2's lower is anodized aluminum so I'm not a stranger to it It's got a pretty nice unsleeved traditional barrel too. I'm excited to shoot it.

Comment

Working...
                        X