Taurus Judge 410/45

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taurus Judge 410/45

So picked one up yesterday, follow shooter need money, give 350. for gun with paper work & box and 2 box's of defense loads, needed cleaned is all I can see. It well be main a house gun for the wife, she's doesn't have to aim. But my question is can you really shot ANY .410 ammo out of it? I thinking it will make a sweet snake charmer, with 1/2 oz 7.5 skeet loads, for hiking this summer. But the wade's is my concern. Looked thru the manual and it say nothing !
    Mtman714; A man can do no better then to leave a good garden patch. Thomas Jefferson

I have the carbine version of it(18" barrel). I know mine can shoot the 410 3" shells. When I got it, thought it would be the "do all" gun. Camp gun, and home gun. For me, it's not a horrible gun. The action is pretty smooth, and I like the case hardening appearance on it. Truth be told, it's a safe queen. I carry a regular revolver with snake shot and couple rounds of 158 grain hollow points when camping and my AR at home.
    "The definition of madness is doing the same thing twice, and expecting a different result." The HIVES

Comment

They have always looked a bit strange to me. I had a couple of requests for concealment holsters for them, so I bought a bluegun and added them to my holster line.. Seems a little weird, but they actually sell, so some people must actually carry them as defense guns. Never would have thought that was an option people would take.
      "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

Aren't they 2.5" only? And you DO have to aim. I've used the 410 in a shotgun enough to know it's a poor choice for a SD gun. If I had one I wouldn't be able to get rid of it fast enough. As you can probably I am a bit prejudiced against them. Did mention that you DO have to aim?
        Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

Comment

A home invader @ say 5-10 ft with triple 0 buck 5 pellets, even if just one pellets makes contacted it should help her out, I feel alot better men then I have missed in that moment of truth, let alone a women @ home alone facing someone. Its simple, no real thinking just point, hold it a belly level with her elbows to her side's and pull the trigger, if you get off two or three shots the 10 to 15 pellets it should find something tender. But I regress, what about shooting regular shot shells. thur it?
          Mtman714; A man can do no better then to leave a good garden patch. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I'd let her pick her handgun, she'll practice with it more.

Regarding question of shot shells, yes you can shoot bird shot, #7 1/2 would be my choice, heavy enough for grouse and snakes. #9 would be best choice, purely for snake, unless you do like me and just walk around them. Personally trail gun, is a better use of 410/45, than house gun, I'd load half 45 colt and half shot, would give you, load for both kinds of snakes.
            Columbia Falls, MT
            If we don’t speak out against the infringements of today, it will weaken our ability to stop the next infringements.
            Since it took 26th Amendment to change voting age, expanding rights under 14th Amendment. Why doesn't same requirement, to restrict rights, extend to 2nd Amendment?

NRA Benefactor Life, NRA Ring of Freedom, NRA-ILA Partner in Freedom, GOA Patriot, SAF, Oath Keepers

Comment

Ya I've have so much of both calibers, had just finisher up some lite 45 Colt 255 SWCGC, just checking 410 stock, loaded, I only have 7.5,5's,2'S,BB.#3 steel in shot, kind standardized, I thinking your right, going to be fun finding what works best with both. With the snakes its the dogs or snake, Mr. slithers is in for a hurt!!! How a hoslter?

Comment

I've heard good things, about Charley's holsters, let him know, what you want and how you prefer to carry, I bet he can fix you up.

When it comes down to kids or dogs, snake just has to go. We're lucky, worse snakes are down south and east, very few rattlers in MT and no cotton mouth.
                Columbia Falls, MT
                If we don’t speak out against the infringements of today, it will weaken our ability to stop the next infringements.
                Since it took 26th Amendment to change voting age, expanding rights under 14th Amendment. Why doesn't same requirement, to restrict rights, extend to 2nd Amendment?

NRA Benefactor Life, NRA Ring of Freedom, NRA-ILA Partner in Freedom, GOA Patriot, SAF, Oath Keepers

Comment

I doubt accuracy will be much to brag about with the 45 colt. 410 slugs won't be much better. Long chamber of the shotshell and big bore of the 45.
                  I was raised in the 50\'s on jackrabbits and gunpowder.salt and pepper wooda made\'em taste better

Comment

IIRC the chamber is two diameters. Don't recall if the transition between is a step or taper. The correct daimeter for the shotshell is less than for the colt. This would prevent a groove dia size bullet in a brass shotshell case. Possibly your best bet for accuracy in the colt case would be a soft hollow base bullet that will seal the extreme " leade" and size down to fill the grooves.
                    I was raised in the 50\'s on jackrabbits and gunpowder.salt and pepper wooda made\'em taste better

Comment

I have and use two of Charley's holsters for IWB and they work.
                      "The United States Marine Corps is a drug and I am a recovering addict."

"American by birthright… U.S. MARINE by the Grace of GOD!"

"And on the 8th day God created Marines and like fish, we came from the sea!"

Comment

I going try my SWC first, and play with the 2.5 case in 410, which I have a bunch of, old 600 MEC to put them together. See what I can get out of it. When I told the wife about and showed her she liked, I'll get her out to the range and put some rounds thru it. Will report later.

PS PM Charlie

Comment

I did not read the responses......my take: On a older lightweight Taurus Judge 2 1/2" 410 45 Colt....I think 3 inch or 3.5 inch barrel
                          Wife was local VFW commander.......previous cdr showed off his new lite Judge and my wife got jazzed and demande I get her one
                          Found a local used version and damned near passed....why ........cuz I had a S&W Model 29 44 mag with long barrel on it and that dang thing punishes your wrist...I was young then but it hurt to shoot

I was convinced this lite 45 Colt would nearly flip right out of any normal grip...... I mentioned this to the counter person at my LGS and he said he has sold a boat load to women and thy like the LITE revolver a LOT

Twas cheap at the time ($235+ tax) so what the hey, I bought it and some mundane ammo.....( persona defense ammo for these calibers is frequineg expensive)

So off to the range with her new toy....I took my Taurus PT1911.... she shot and shot and obviously was having fun..... I was convinced three or four shots and she would hate the super recoil.... I was astounded that she was giggling.... OK babe.... time for daddy to shoot the new rig....here is my 45 acp for you to play with

I loaded out the 5 shots with cowboy 45 colt.....bang bang bang 5 times..... center mass, quick return, recoil very well managed and no pain...What the Hell....??????????????????
                          How can this super light heavy caliber gun NOT hurt.....couple of 5 each 2 1/2" #9 shot shells.......hell actually fun to shoot....
                          Perplexed.......
                          my wifes concealed in the auto anti car jack piece

Comment

Ya this is the 3" and the wife she like's it, she just said how comforting it is to have beside the bed, win, win. More then likely God willing she never have to use it, but that metal thing that she's not a feared of it is big. Just shot shell's for her! The guy give me a full box of FED 000 and a 5 pack of Winchester in the deal. The little women.!!!!

Comment

I hope it works for you and that she NEVER has to use it...
                              Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

Comment

Working...
                              X