No announcement yet.

Taurus Judge 410/45

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

} Had a 2 1/2”. Did a lot of testing of patterns and penetration. I had a thread here I can’t seem to locate from 6-7 years ago. I was making .410 brass out of .303 British and .444 Marlin’s. It was a fun project but my conclusion was the .410 was down on power at all but danger close range. As was mentioned it is perfect for defending against someone entering the passenger side of your car. I think tagging someone on the drivers side would present problems with the cylinder gap being very close to your face if you are right handed. I tried a few shots at flying starlings but was unsuccessful. Clay pigeons were nearly as evasive. My final loads were with #2 lead shot and #11’s. The small stuff filled in the gaps nicely. It had a decent pattern but 10’ was pushing it for penetration.

Food for thought. What cartridge propels a 90gr projectile at 1200’ per second? Several possible answers.

A real hot .380 acp, a 9 mm, and a .410 slug out of a Judge. Why shoot expensive slugs instead more powerful of .45 LC’s?

Snakes and rats would be fair game but you aren’t much worse off with a .44 or .45 revolver using shot cartridges.

Someone gave me a box of Winchester PDX. They are supposed to be specialized for handguns. Mine wasn’t 3” so I never tested them.
    Last edited by deaddog; 4 weeks ago.
    Endeavor to persevere.

Call sign: Limp Wrist

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	E937A576-8578-430A-B710-4AF8E716B2D4.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	840062Click image for larger version

Name:	E115597E-A660-42C1-A0D8-252B0F35C507.jpeg
Views:	39
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	840061Click image for larger version

Name:	137EA0FD-5C01-4F13-92D6-A761126BD50C.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	21.3 KB
ID:	840060
      Endeavor to persevere.

Call sign: Limp Wrist

Comment

PM Me too!!!!
        Last edited by mtman714; 4 weeks ago.
        Mtman714; A man can do no better then to leave a good garden patch. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I've seen write up on those, going to play see what it will do. But for her it's point blank house range, she's not a shooter, and auto loader scars the crap out of her, she does best with a wheel gun low recoil, she out shoots me with an old H&R 22lr its small grip fit her hand and she's not afraid of it that's the big thing.
          Mtman714; A man can do no better then to leave a good garden patch. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Where we retired was actually deliberate so we could freaking escape the insane inner city home and apartment invasions
            Killeen Texas adjacent to Ft Hood has a LOT of gangs and crime......we went 30 miles west to Lampasas.....less that 3 murders in ten years...Killeen this year is nearing Chicago stats......some few here will get that

Spent about a decade here (micro ranch) with no serious concern of home defense...

BUT jobs, family, shopping, and exploring into questionable environments (Dallas, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Lubbock) ---- made BOTH retired Army adults (wife and I) lerry and proactive...... Thanks to Suzanna Gratia Hupp ( Texas Rep from MY county) we gained legal concealed carry.....locally to the lampasas Wally World.... car unlocked no weapons. Houston Quilt show for two days, armed for WW-VI

In our case...old army soldiers.... we assessed our biggest risk was carjacking.......(we do not screw around at convenience stores after 2 PM....never after dark) And BTW our auto(s) NEVER have less than 1/2 tank...I mean seriously NEVER!!!!!

I am a big caliber guy....said in a Tim Taylor voice.....
            I am good with and love all my .45s but a deadshot with the CZ75 9MM out to 30 yards

Wife is a more critical thinker and a no nonsense, always READY, revolver is her preference over ammo count...thus a 5 shot scatter gun made perfect sense to her....

Now that I have played with it in several home and auto scenarios.... I am one of the few my age that thinks the Taurus Judge is a very serious weapon that should be given it's due.....;.......yes Virginia....been on the web long enough to know there is a lot of hate for the brand and this specific weapon.....too cool...just our opinion

Comment

Since it's BBQ season, wrap some spareribs, around a boston butt, step back 7yds and shoot it with 41 special (or 45colt or 38sp) and Judge .410 with PDX or 000 load. Cost you about $15 bucks, to find out for sure and you can BBQ test subject after. Other than washing off and picking out, rib bone splinters, majority of butt will still be good and so will good share of ribs. Don't wrap it in shirt and pant's leg first, I made that mistake, comparing 38sp wc and 38sp hp, cloth is hard to get out.
              Columbia Falls, MT
              If we don’t speak out against the infringements of today, it will weaken our ability to stop the next infringements.
              Since it took 26th Amendment to change voting age, expanding rights under 14th Amendment. Why doesn't same requirement, to restrict rights, extend to 2nd Amendment?

NRA Benefactor Life, NRA Ring of Freedom, NRA-ILA Partner in Freedom, GOA Patriot, SAF, Oath Keepers

Comment

San Antonio risk depends a LOT on the area of town. Some are a lot riskier than others. Mrs. Charley and I are always armed, and always condition yellow, no matter where we are. Gratia-Hupp was great, no doubt, but others helped with the original concealed carry bill as well. Getting rid of Ann Richards as governor helped tremendously. She promised to veto the carry bill if it passed, and got her ass voted out of office. GW Bush backed it, and became governor, which opened the way for him to become POTUS.
                "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

Killeen Texas adjacent to Ft Hood has a LOT of gangs and crime......we went 30 miles west to Lampasas.....less that 3 murders in ten years...Killeen this year is nearing Chicago stats......some few here will get that
                  That's right where my Daughter worked on base @ the clinic, in Fort Hood, she's a PA, about 4 yrs, meet he men there who turned out to be a POS, he's gone. We went down there a couple of times, I was packing the kids 9mm after just a day, then Austin they were married we spent a week. I was always watching our backs morning ,noon and nite. Barrio on one side of the street, good side the other. I would be careful there to.

Comment

Originally posted by RobertMT View Post
                    Since it's BBQ season, wrap some spareribs, around a boston butt, step back 7yds and shoot it with 41 special (or 45colt or 38sp) and Judge .410 with PDX or 000 load. Cost you about $15 bucks, to find out for sure and you can BBQ test subject after. Other than washing off and picking out, rib bone splinters, majority of butt will still be good and so will good share of ribs. Don't wrap it in shirt and pant's leg first, I made that mistake, comparing 38sp wc and 38sp hp, cloth is hard to get out.
                    Robert am going to find out just what it will and won't do, no real cost do to years of owning both 45 Colt and 410, a hollow base 45 bullet may help but it would be just for me,not her. She's 410 all the way. And there's way better to pack for me on hand.

Comment

I guess I should feel guilty since I live in one of the most crime-free areas in the country— and maybe the world. Still, the crazy state of the world in general has me packing all the time when I'm awake. I've been around long enough to know that your confidence in what you tote is a Big Deal. We're really lucky to have such great choices. My hope for all of us here is that we never have to use those choices in a life-or-death situation. But if we do I know we are all believers in Gun Control— the right kind!
                      Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

Comment

PM so do I.

Comment

My Son has an early ported one. Has shot all kinds of different loads with no problem. For house the one with 3 discs and 3 or 4 buck. Groups decent 15 ft.
                          Never drink down stream from the herd.

Comment

OC Thanks .

Comment

Working...
                            X