Factory load problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Factory load problems

I know this isn’t hand loading related but what should my brother do about this. He was shooting his beratta 92 today. Remington defense rounds(can’t remember which ones) and he had stuff hit him in the face. The round ejected and chambered another. But this is what the some of the brass looked like. He shot several more and some did the same thing. What would cause this?

Usually soot down the case like that means the load is too lite for the case to expand the fit the chamber thusly gas escapes around the case. Defense loads are usually on the hotter side. Doesn’t appear that way in this case.
    Endeavor to persevere.

Call sign: Limp Wrist

Comment

Suggest he cleans his weapon in detail. A .40cal brush on a fixed rod can be incerted in the chamber and rotated. This will ensure that the cartridge is headspacing right. Those 92s have some large chambers anyway. Some brands of ammo used to soot up cases like mad at the range at the PD. We had officers gripe about that from time to time.

And I agree with DD on this. Must be a light powered round or a very light bullet. Ya got a tumbler?
      "Don't try to cover up a lack of training with a tool you don't understand."

John Lovell on upgrades.

Comment

Yea we’ve got a wet tumbler. Thanks for the help.

Comment

If it's any consolation, Glock is a military weapon first, civilian play toy second. It too has a larger chamber as opposed to others. Remington 115gr FMJRN will often have streaks of soot or discoloration on fired cases from my Glock, yet emerge clean from the little Taurus G2c with it's closer tolerances. And yeah, my tumbler gets a little workout too.
          "Don't try to cover up a lack of training with a tool you don't understand."

John Lovell on upgrades.

Comment

Working...
          X