700 Club

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks good. Good shooting.
    When you start looking at fixing the trigger, look at Trigger Tech's trigger. I put one on one of my AR's and it is great.
    It is the smoothest crisper triggers I have tried. Totally different trigger than normally used on an AR and 700.
    On par to a Jewell but not as expensive.
    "The United States Marine Corps is a drug and I am a recovering addict."

"American by birthright… U.S. MARINE by the Grace of GOD!"

"And on the 8th day God created Marines and like fish, we came from the sea!"

Comment

Originally posted by DesertMarine View Post
      Looks good. Good shooting.
      When you start looking at fixing the trigger, look at Trigger Tech's trigger. I put one on one of my AR's and it is great.
      It is the smoothest crisper triggers I have tried. Totally different trigger than normally used on an AR and 700.
      On par to a Jewell but not as expensive.
      They make two for the 700, $140 - $180. They also have a $280 option (no bolt release, and 6 week ship delay). Looks like the bolt action triggers are very different than the AR trigger. Have you shot any of their bolt action triggers?
      Friends don't let friends shoot factory ammo.

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.
      -Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by DesertMarine View Post
        It was only by replacing those with H&S stocks with the integral bedding block and then they are not perfect, bedding them, that the rifles shot to their potential.
        Shooting to their potential is a great point. A decent shooter/reloader can get factory stocks to shoot well enough so far as it goes. But to go from good groups to consistently tight groups, especially at longer ranges, the better stocks really separate themselves from the others.

Comment

If your looking for upgrades check these out,

Magpul hunter 700 is a good stock for a real reasonable price I like mine. Triggers if you want to upgrade, yes there is a huge difference but expensive, look at timney Calvin elite. Lot of rounds down mine and it's fun to shoot. I'm going to add the AICS type bottom metal so I can get a little longer load lengths.

Comment

Happy with the Bobby Hart that I put on it - going to keep it for at least this year. I put a Timney on my wife's savage. Good trigger, nothing to complain about, but I do not want to put something on the needs to be adjusted by taking the stock off - I skim coated the aluminum bedding, so taking it apart needs to kept to an absolute minimum.

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.
            -Winston Churchill

Comment

I have not tried a Trigger Tech on a 700. If they use the roller like the AR triggers, super. The feel is so different from other triggers. The roller produces no creep or roughness in the pull. Sure and crisp. My next 700 will get a Trigger Tech. My gunsmith nephew is mad at me. Introduced him to the Trigger Tech in my AR and now he wants to replace all the triggers on his ARs and is putting them on new builds. He is a retired Army Ranger and does tactical type of shooting. Used to compete.

Comment

DesertMarine any chance the Trigger Tech is based on the Bix'n Andy triggers?

-Winston Churchill

Comment

Don't think so. The Bix'n Andy trigger looks like it is based on friction between trigger and sear. The Trigger Tech has no friction, it uses a roller between the sear and trigger.

Trigger Tech

Bix'n Andy

Comment

Yeah, hard to make out - I don't speak Ausi! They talk as if it is frictionless, but don't ever come out and say it. The use words like "ball system" but it appears to be only on the release? Still, I don't know how they can be consistent with a 1 ounce (yes, one ounce) pull if it were friction.

-Winston Churchill

Comment

There is no mechanical similarity between the Trigger Tech and B&A. I have B&A triggers on several of my rifles and they have completely blown Jewells out of the picture. Especially at minimum settings. I've yet to test a Trigger Tech but if they are as good as a Jewell they will be worthwhile because of price break. Wait and see.

Comment

Originally posted by Offfhand View Post
                        >snip> Wait and see.
                        Wait and see as in you are waiting to test one?

-Winston Churchill

Comment

Trigger Tech is from Canada.
                          The link shows who is now using Trigger Tech triggers on their builds. Would not mind trying a B&A, sounds good.
                          https://triggertech.com/pages/about-us

I will be going to the April Shoot at Breckenridge Texas. I will take the Trigger Tech in case some one wants to try it.

Comment

I am leaning towards the Bix'n Andy at the moment. Well, maybe better to say headed in that direction just not sure if I want to pay for the bolt release or not.

-Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by golong View Post

Wait and see as in you are waiting to test one?
                              Mr. golong, I'm merely curious as to how the aftermarket trigger market will shake down if the Trigger Tech proves to be as good as a Jewell and sells for substantially less. I have no intention of buying one as I already have plenty of B&A's. But will be interested in trying one if the chance occurs. The new B&A TechSport trigger may well drive the final nail in Jewell's coffin as it comes with safety and bolt release (Rem.models) and has a sticker price of $235,or less on the street. It may also be strong competition for the Trigger Tech, depending on price difference. I've replaced many of Jewell triggers on my varmint rifles with the B&A sport model and now have a pile of unused Jewells. As shown in attached photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Offfhand View Post

Mr. golong, I'm merely curious as to how the aftermarket trigger market will shake down if the Trigger Tech proves to be as good as a Jewell and sells for substantially less. I have no intention of buying one as I already have plenty of B&A's. But will be interested in trying one if the chance occurs. The new B&A TechSport trigger may well drive the final nail in Jewell's coffin as it comes with safety and bolt release (Rem.models) and has a sticker price of $235,or less on the street. It may also be strong competition for the Trigger Tech, depending on price difference. I've replaced many of Jewell triggers on my varmint rifles with the B&A sport model and now have a pile of unused Jewells. As shown in attached photos.
                                Makes sense. It does appear that those that have tried the TT and Jewell prefer the TT. However, they did have a recall on what I believe (if you can believe web posts!) was the roller on the original models. That, coupled with such a long lead time on their top tier trigger, gave me a bit of pause. Add to it that Bix goes way lighter, and my money moves into a new column.

-Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                                X