Favorite factory bolt action rifles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deaddog View Post
    I’m waiting for Offhand to show up here with some of his eye candy.
    Sorry for being late to the party. I guess I can say that the old M-70's (pre-64) are my favorites because have a few of them. Here a rack of about two dozen in mixed calibers and grades. (Does that make me a collector?) Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03071.JPG
Views:	69
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	842176Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0002.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	842177 I especially favor M-70 actions as basic for custom rifles, like this one. But I also appreciate rifles built on Mauser and Sako action.

Comment

To evoke a double entendre. Nice rack! That's what I'm talking about.
      Endeavor to persevere.

Call sign: Limp Wrist

Comment

Yeah, Offhand, I love those M70s you've got!!!

But that doesn't on its own make you a collector.
        Have you or do you hunt with any of'em?
        Ray

Comment

Originally posted by RaySendero View Post
          Yeah, Offhand, I love those M70s you've got!!!

But that doesn't on its own make you a collector.
          Have you or do you hunt with any of'em?
          I don't consider myself a collector of any particular make or brand of firearm, but I confess to being a dedicated accumulator. And as for question about hunting with them: there are only a few I hunt with with and 3 or 4 that I've never shot and never will. But some favorites that I often shoot or hunt with. Including varmint and target rifles that are on their 2nd and 3rd barrels. Here is a veteran of hunts from Alaska to Africa and beyond. Click image for larger version  Name:	DSC_0019.JPG Views:	0 Size:	49.9 KB ID:	842242
          Last edited by Offfhand; 07-23-2019, 11:52. Reason: for picture

Comment

Thanks for sharing Offhand, always enjoyed your posts. When it comes to big game hunting (elk and deer), I have only used one rifle for the past 30 plus years, a FN 1953 Mauser in 7 06 AI. Only one rifle I rarely shoot; a Colt Saure in 270 Winchester, my pimp gun. Would have traded it off long ago, but my son wants it.

Comment

Thanks for the compliment. But I don't want to give the impression that I hunt only with my Winchester rifles because some of my favorite hunting rifles are built on Mauser and other actions. Such as this .338WM built on '09 Argentine action by David Miler.. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0027.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	842330

Comment

This one of those questions like “what is your favorite caliber”. Here’s my list Bergara B14, Tikka T3, Ruger M77, Remington, DPMS AR-10

Comment

Winchester 70
                  Thompson Center Compass
                  Remington 700
                  Prefer wood over synthetic
                  Regards,
                  Win70

Comment

Id have to say mine is the Ruger M77 338 with the Skeleton stock i loved the one i had and would love to own another one one day

Comment

Ruger M77, Browning X-bolt, Savage model 10,Tikka T3,Win model 70, Rem 700, Mosin-Nagant model 1938 and a lot of others
                      Salt&Light

WOODSMAN777

Comment

Working...
                      X