• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8MM I think I need one

8mm Remington Magnum.
    17,204,223,243/6mm, and 45/70

I have nothing in-between .

30 calibers, 270's, and the current hot shot 6.5's are boring to me for what ever reason.

I think I NEED a larger game caliber.

Boy and his wife have most every thing up to 458.

BUT no 8mm.

Humm sounds like I NEED to fill that hole.

What about a 8mm Remington Magnum?

I looked at brass and it is out of sight.

But it looks like 7mm mag or 375 H&H brass is more in line and not to hard to rework.

I have a 7mm mouser action in a stock,I could get for the asking and do a barrel. The more I reed the more I feel the need for a 8mm Remington Magnum.

Any real time experience or first hand knowledge?

Anything that can send a 220gr bullet out the end of a 24" barrel at over 3500 fps has my attention for sure.

shoot\'em till your arm falls off

There one on MT gun traders LOOKS IN GOOD SHAPE. Up by you check it out.
    Mtman714; A man can do no better then to leave a good garden patch. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Maybe.
      I have never been a fan of the 700, kind of boring
      Love the mouser action

Comment

Good thing that are dead. I suspect Wilhelm and Paul wouldn't care much for the name change.
        "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

OK then Mauser

Comment

Somewhere up there, Ollie Winchester is pointing at the Mauser brothers and laughing. "Ha, Ha, at least they say my name correctly!" Wilhelm and Paul are saying back, "At least we made guns, not whimpy shirts!"
            "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

Originally posted by d45/70 View Post
              [SIZE=16px]What about a 8mm Remington Magnum?

I looked at brass and it is out of sight.
              That's two good reasons not to buy one.

I'm sure it's one of the better elk cartridges, that died in the cradle, but the availability of bullets is very limited, and reworking .375 brass isn't exactly cheap.

If you want that kind of performance, the .340 Weatherby has decent tenure in the market, (still not cheap). The .338 Winchester is an even better choice.
              Experience is what you get, when you don\'t get what you want ;-)

Comment

Maybe you really need a 338 Lapua. lots of good bullets. 3,300 fps+.

The 358 Norma also fills your void.

Comment

Think is what got us into this mess in the first place. Now NEED on the other hand is completely different! I agree that if you want something, but brass is hard to come by, go with the .338 Lapua. But, I'm not you, and knowing me, I would still be going after that 8mm Mag, just because it's different and not everyone has one!!!!!!!!!! Good luck and stay safe!
                  “Better to have, and not need, than to need, and not have.”
                  ― Franz Kafka

Comment

just because it's different and not everyone has one!!!!!!!!!!

That's right...

Comment

Two excellent reasons!

love my 30 Herret.

Comment

The boys 30 waters is fun too

Comment

7-30 waters??? It is a 30-30 necked down to 7mm. if you neck a 7-30 waters up to 30 cal, you got a 30-30 again!

Comment

The shoulder is in a different spot , have to fire form the brass.

Comment

That's right, I've made a lot 7-30 Improved cases from 30-30 brass and the shoulder is a fair bit forward from a standard 30-30. The 7mm International Rimmed is a closer approximation to a 7mm-30-30. It has the long neck but a steeper shoulder and less body taper.

Comment

Working...
                              X