No announcement yet.

8MM I think I need one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My apologies for being a one note Gibbs fan.

If you want a lower recoiling 8mm round with decent horsepower think about an 8mm Gibbs. Cases are made from 30-06 cases by fire forming the neck larger with bullets seated into the lands or by necking down .35 Whelen cases or 30-06 cases expanded to .357 and necked back down in Gibbs dies to get a false shoulder. Kind of a fun process. You can also get 8mm Gibbs headstamped brass from Quality Cartridge.

The 8mm Gibbs will out perform an 8mm mauser and fall somewhere between an 8mm/30-06 and an 8mm Magnum. It will push a 170 Grain Spire point bullet to over 3100 fps and 220 grain bullets to within a whisker of 2800 fps.

See post #39 on this link for data: https://www.thehighroad.org/index.ph....762456/page-2

Click image for larger version  Name:	8mm Gibbs 3.jpg Views:	0 Size:	36.2 KB ID:	844430

Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Et Canis Manducare Canis Mundi

Comment

Just get a couple boxes of brass and they will last a long time. Dont think you will be shootin it that much.
      I was raised in the 50\'s on jackrabbits and gunpowder.salt and pepper wooda made\'em taste better

Comment

Never seen anything on a Gibbs before Interesting.
        I'm still kinda thinking I like the 375 case .
        It'll be a build "down the road " so I can look at a lot of option alone the way.
        shoot\'em till your arm falls off

Comment

Working...
        X