Announcement

Collapse

New Chat Room

The new chat room is floating on the bottom right hand corner of your screen. You will have to login to chat. But don't forget to log out when you are done, otherwise it will keep you listed as active.
See more
See less

What ranges do you sight your 22LR in at?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 10/22 is zeroed at 5o.

Bill
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

“Never Retreat...Just Reload.”

Comment

All my 22s have a knob that allows me to zeroe for any range that I might want to shoot.

I am fairly good at range estimation and I just dial it in for what range I estimate.
      Reloader since 1969.

Comment

I have a full-size Browning bolt 22 that shoots only Vipers into inch groups or less at 50.

My sons worked very hard to get an old Marlin Glenfield Model 60 semi-auto to group inside of 1.5 inches at 50.

Comment

50 yards with standard velocity remingtons; puts me right on at 30 with SST's and pretty close at 100 with hi-speeds. I've gone to the 60gr SST's as my urban guerilla round; the neighbors don't know it's not a mild pellet gun. Makes short work of raccoons & possums in the back yard. Still shoot hi-speeds or vipers for "go-downs", the eastside ground squirrels--but only after I run out of K-hornets and 17HMR's. The old standard velocity was what we shot for competition in the NRA JR indoor .22 matches; much tighter groups than any hi-speeds. I traded for several old green boxes of the Remingtons and my Remington 511 with the little 3/4" Weaver 4x loves 'em.
          Sonny, whar I growed up, "magnum" wuz another word for "lousy hunter"!

Comment

50 and 100 yards. Those are the competition distances and that's where I practice. Iron sights. 38 clicks different.
            Pete

Comment

Interesting that this poll has over 1400 views and only 37 guys voted. RD
              Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Comment

50yds
                mike

Chinook MT

Comment

Open/iron sights at 25yds
                  peep or recieversights at 25yds or 50yds depending on which rifle
                  scope 75yds
                  NRA Life Endowment Member
                  WDNR Hunter Safety Instructor
                  NRA Home Safety Firearm Instructor and Pistol

Comment

I haven't adjusted the 'scope on my 77/22 since I'm still messing with ammo choices and it's close enough for group testing at 50Y where I'm able to get .5" with some ammo.
                    Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

Comment

Iron sights, 50 yards.

Scopes,,, 100 yards.

Comment

Kind of funny this thread is back from the dead (started 09/30/2010). Does it matter that I can lob mine in at 300 yards lawn dart style (well, not really, but I am at almost off the reticle)? If I shoot sub sonic rounds, I can squeeze off 3 before the first one hits.

Mine is typically zero for 50' small bore competition, and clicked from there if needed.
                        Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.
                        -Winston Churchill

Comment

Normally at 40 yds.
                          "The United States Marine Corps is a drug and I am a recovering addict."

"American by birthright… U.S. MARINE by the Grace of GOD!"

"And on the 8th day God created Marines and like fish, we came from the sea!"

Comment

Got the 10/22 at 50 ..... not had a squirrel come back and complain about it yet. The Colt Woodsman is set to 25. And that is the extent of my rimfire guns. I got rid of a lot of them and just kept those two when 22lr became as rare as rocking horse turds. No point in having guns ya can't shoot

Comment

My scoped (6X) 10/22 is set at 50 yards, two of my scoped heavy barreled Winchester model 52s have 12 or 15 power Lyman scopes and are set at 100 yards, my third #52 has a 15 power Unertl and is set at 130 yards. I use stingers in the 10/22 and Winchester Wildcat in the #52s, but they are hard to find now, the 52s are my go-to guns for Sage Rats!!
                              I have targets at 100 yards with 5 shot groups at an inch, at 130 yards it's very hard to do!
                              I am in Ebeye now with no firearms, going through withdrawal!
                              Just because I am silent doesn\'t mean I am agreeing with you, I am just being polite. That, or I am so stunned my your stupidity to even respond!

Comment

I don't sight in .22 LR for a particular range.

I do have a 9422M that'll put serious hurts on 'yotes. But I'll keep it a 125 yards & less. It's sighted for a hundred yards. But then again, the .22 WMR is a much different cartridge.

Comment

Working...
                                X