Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Your Favorite Handgun in 22 LR ????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only have 3. They're in this order: Smith M17, Ruger Super Single Six & Ruger 22/45.
    Joshua 1:9
    Dry Creek Firewood

Comment

• Engraved Colt Match Target .22RF

Comment

• That is one beautiful pistola.
        "The United States Marine Corps is a drug and I am a recovering addict."

"American by birthright… U.S. MARINE by the Grace of GOD!"

"And on the 8th day God created Marines and like fish, we came from the sea!"

Comment

• Very nice offhand.
          Joshua 1:9
          Dry Creek Firewood

Comment

• Until the last couple weeks it was a Ruger Mark I target 6 7/8 tapered barrel,couple weeks ago I picked up a Old model single six 6.5 barrel without update it's rapidly becoming a favorite.

Comment

• Don't have a favorite.

I have dad's Ruger Auto (pre Mk-I), the trigger is horrendous, it's the only thing I shoot worse than dad's Blackhawk, and last time I shot it the only thing it functioned right with was Stingers.

Last week I decided to do a little maint. on it, was @ Wolff looking for a recoil spring, and found a "tune-up-pack" for it. Recoil spring, softer trigger spring, hammer spring, don't recall what else, gonna work it over and see what happens.
              It can't get worse.....

I WANT a GSG 1911-22,,, there's a gun show this weekend, I am of a mind to look, see if I can find for 3-bills or less.......

Comment

• I have a ruger single six with 9 1/2 inch barrel kept it under truck seat when I worked oil filed on days off would go dog hunting killed many with it at 75 to 100 yards.

Comment

• I bought that GSG1911, from a pawn shop in Ga, last week, got it Monday afternoon, along with 2 extra mags I ordered separately. It is rapidly becoming a favorite.

Great trigger, a bit stiff at first, but between Rounds 31 and 60, it is smoothing off nicely.

I merely field stripped it, oiled it appropriately, and ran 3 magazines of Fed. 550-round Red Box 36gr through it, twice today (thus,,, 60 rounds).

Controls work crisply and smoothly, every round fed and fired without a single issue, it shoots (groups) better than my out-of-practice butt does (especially in a howling headwind) (yes, I will practice up LOL).

It shoots about 4" high @ 15 yards, with THAT ammo, and, of 5 sights (front) that were sent with the gun,, it is already wearing the tallest,,, so we will see what the future holds.
                  The sights are pretty cheesy plastic,,, steel ones will eventually ride up there in those Novak slots.
                  Recoil? What recoil/muzzle flip?. It's a 2 1/2 pound M1911A1, in .22 Long Rifle muahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Comment

• My one and only 22 handgun - vintage 2001 Taurus model 970. I recently installed a Wolff reduced spring it and polished the internals. Result - a butter smooth cylinder rotation and a crisp trigger break @ 3 pounds. It will shoot as accurately as the shooter can hold it.

Pics:

I also ditched the small rubber factory grips in favor of something larger, and generally "more respectable", to me at least!

Bayou52
                    Bayou52
                    NRA Life Member

Comment

• One of these three, they will all head shoot a squirrel.
                      S&W 617
                      Ruger GP100
                      Taurus Tracker

"The reason a dog has so many friends, He wags his tail instead of his tongue."

"I don't always listen to Black Sabbath but when I do, So do the neighbours."

Comment

• I grew up with Hi Standards. I like my Tournamatic and S&W 41.

Comment

• Browning Buckmark Camper. Simple and accurate. Doesnt like ammo below 1000fps but that's ok with me.

Comment

Working...
                          X