Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Your Favorite Handgun in 22 LR ????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favorites are my High Standard Supermatic Citation and Smith & Wesson model 18.
    I have others but these are the ones I shoot the most..
    John D

NRA Endowment Member

Comment

• Colt woodsman target

Comment

• Ha true necro thread asked first in 2006

My current fav is a recently acquired very cheap $150 Ruger 22/45 lite..... very accurate, eats most of my low cost wally-World ammo and is just plain fun to shoot

Comment

• My Dad’s old S&W. I don’t know the model number but it’s a .22 on on .357 K frame with a 4” barrel and competition trigger/hammer job. Man I love to shoot that firearm. I borrow it from time to time when I take my daughter to the range. She gets to shoot the .22 rifle and handgun I learned on and I get to shoot that smooth piece of history. Glad I clicked on this topic now I wanna head out to pop’s and take a loaner. Guess I need to load up some target rounds for his 40, gotta grease the wheels on the old Marine, he gets stingy with that one even though he’s promised it to me one day in the (hopefully long) future.

Comment

• Have 6" Diamondback and a S&W 41. My favorite is what ever I grab first. Both pistols are in the neighborhood of 40 years old. I am a gun snob and just do see anything made these days that excites me enough to buy any more. I believe there are many fine designs made today, but things have passed me by.

Comment

• I have a VQ Custom Scorpion. Everyone that shoots it wants one. It is very accurate and low maintenance in my experience. One guy told me he has only sprayed his Scorpion down with Ballistol, no real cleaning with 6K rounds through it and no issues. That is what I am going for also.

Comment

• I have a Heritage Rough Rider combo that was my dad's. I love that thing. It's the most inexpensive priceless item I own.

Comment

• Ruger mark II target model.
                  The world is my drop zone. Good to the last drop.

Comment

• The Beretta 21A, even with the short barrel is amazingly accurate, I love that little gun. I think Taurus makes a version of it also, the PT22 I believe, but it doesn't shoot as well as the Beretta.

My favorite if I'm going rabbit hunting is a Ruger Single Six, I can pick off cotton tails with that gun at over 50 yards when I'm on my mark. It groups really well when shot off a RR, so I know it's potential accuracy is darn good.

HBC

Comment

• This is a tough question the Ruger mk1 is my fun shooter but for serious target the model 41 Smith is my favorite.

Comment

• I have a S&W M17 that is a very nice shooter, and a Ruger MKIII target that I really enjoy. Last month at the local gun club I won a S&W Victory with the Kryptek finish & heavy 5.5" barrel. So far very reliable (over 1k rounds put through it without a hitch) and accurate.
                        The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.

H.L. Menken

NRA Endowment
                        US Navy Retired

Comment

Working...
                        X