Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neat Christmas gift idea or gimick?

http://www.cabelas.com/product/shoot...1#BVQAWidgetID

Don't know if it's hi-tech or powder coating, but @ $.06 a round, price isn't too bad.
    If we don’t speak out against the infringements of today, it will weaken our ability to stop the next infringements.
    Since it took 26th Amendment to change voting age, expanding rights under 14th Amendment. Why doesn't same requirement, to restrict rights, extend to 2nd Amendment?

NRA Benefactor Life, NRA Ring of Freedom, NRA-ILA Partner in Freedom, GOA Patriot, SAF, Oath Keepers

probability works for Zombies too!

But reasonable. Wonder if they will make it after Christmas??

Comment

I've bought their Christmas packs, on closeout for last few years, they were a yearly special run, dated for that year. Both 15 & 16 were plastic tray 100 packs, for like $5 on closeout, just plain rn, no paint or coating,
      If we don’t speak out against the infringements of today, it will weaken our ability to stop the next infringements.
      Since it took 26th Amendment to change voting age, expanding rights under 14th Amendment. Why doesn't same requirement, to restrict rights, extend to 2nd Amendment?

NRA Benefactor Life, NRA Ring of Freedom, NRA-ILA Partner in Freedom, GOA Patriot, SAF, Oath Keepers

Comment

To paraphrase Idiot Joe, it's a eight letter word...M-A-R-K-E-T-I-N-G.
        "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

Thats funny. Somebody will buy them.
          Load every bullet like your life depended on it because one day it might.

Regards,
          Shawn

Comment

I'll buy at least one for 6 yr old grandson and when they go on sale, I'll buy few more. With new rimfire prices, $67 for 1K of CCI, is decent price and a bargain if cheaper.

Comment

Hmm.. if it were powder coat or HT coat I would be surprised. but it would work I would think. I powder coat some 38 spl cast slugs pink for taking women shooters out. If it adds to the fun? why not?

lazs

Comment

I ended up getting some for grandkids, they shot pretty good, just 40gr rn standard velocity 22rf. I ended up paying $15 per 300pk, that's $50 K. Even shooting single shot, they went pretty fast. CCI standard velocity shoots pretty good, much better than the minimag stuff.

Should've got case of them.

Comment

did you determine what they were coated with?

lazs

Comment

look here.
                    http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...lr-ammunition/

Comment

Wow SR... that is a great article.. they really are powder coated bullets. Article says that the bores stay cleaner as do suppressors. I am noticing the shooting mags and ammo makers are grudgingly finally going with powder coat or Hi-Tek coat on lead bullets. They all act like they just discovered it tho. Australians have been using the Hi-Tek coating for decades. I use the HT method on all my cast bullets now.

lazs

Comment

They seemed to shoot cleaner than copper washed, which I tend to avoid in rf. If they were offered in normal line, for comparable price, I'd grab them. What they really should offer is FPRN or a SWC instead of HP. At 22lr speeds, you have to be pretty close to have HP do much.

Comment

Not sure if it means much but I have noticed that HP bullets in revolvers that have been powder coated or HT coated tend to hold together a lot better than plain lead and expand about as well.

lazs

Comment

Working...
                          X