Make Magazine for Remington 504

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make Magazine for Remington 504

Thinking someone has surely already done this and not have to reinvent the wheel...
    Rem 504 clips have been discontinued for several years now. Can buy from evilbay for like 90 bucks. Ouch! The 597 magazine is similar (in appearance anyway). My question is, can this be fitted for a 504? Any suggestions appreciated.
    If people concentrated on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles!

Deerdog, I thought someone might answer this but they'd likely have to see them side by side. or at least photos of such. Some folks can do incredible work with a file and a TIG welder. RD
    Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Et Canis Manducare Canis Mundi

Comment

To answer my own question, yes can be done fairly easily with a square edge of flat file. Dimensionally they are the same except for the latch groove. Care must be taken to get the groove cleanly square or will not lock into the rifle. Don't ask me how I know. Lol
      The homemade clip functions well. Ugly as my first girlfriend.
      If people concentrated on the important things in life, there would be a shortage of fishing poles!

Comment

Working...
      X