Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not computer literate at all , is there a simple way to get an avatar in place of the generic head that shows up now ?
    Are there some standard avatars on the site that I could select one from ? Or will I need my own photo loaded onto my computer ?
    old guy appreciate's any assistance ,
    Gary
    I think I'm in the wrong place...please move this if I am...I got lost,
    Gary
    Last edited by gwpercle; 12-18-2017, 15:34.

In the upper right hand corner, click on the pull down window where your forum name is. Click “My Profile”. Click on the square where the generic avatar is and it should say, “edit avatar”. Click on the “edit avatar” and a window should pop up to allow you to add a pic from your computer or a url.
    Not as Lean, Not as Mean, but still a Marine!

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -- Thomas Paine

Comment

Rockydog,
      Look I got an avatar . Thanks for your offer to do it for me but I was bound and determined to get one without someone else doing it for me. That and I didn't know how to send you a personal message.
      I did have some help from my office tech./computer expert girl getting the logo copied , resized and on the computer. Thank you Penny! She's a whiz with computer stuff.
      You guys are a great help to use old reloaders who don't know doodley-squat about computers.
      It's just a Ruger logo but I think it looks a lot better than nothing.
      Thanks again....Gary

Comment

Gary, if you want to send RockyDog a personal message, you'll see a chat icon right next to his name in every forum he's posted in. Just click that and you can go to town. You'll see that you have one next to your name, under your avatar.
        We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.

~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Looks good Gary. You might get Penny to take a picture of you, resize it and use that for an avatar.....but wait. Not a good idea; it might break her camera.
          Wimachtendienk, Wingolauchsik, Witahemui

He who knows not and knows not that he knows not, is a fool.
          He who knows not and knows he knows not, is wise.

Comment

Originally posted by SavageShooter View Post
            Gary, if you want to send RockyDog a personal message, you'll see a chat icon right next to his name in every forum he's posted in. Just click that and you can go to town. You'll see that you have one next to your name, under your avatar.
            That little blank box at the end of their name (chat icon) ....it says "start conversation with SavageShooter" ? that's how you send a personal message ? I was looking for " send personal message"...Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by olyeller View Post
              Looks good Gary. You might get Penny to take a picture of you, resize it and use that for an avatar.....but wait. Not a good idea; it might break her camera.
              You don't want to see my old ugly mug...the beauty of the net is nobody has to know what you actually look like . In my mind's eye I look like Gary Cooper...my Daddy once told me that's who he named me after and he also said that my middle name Wayne was for John Wayne , his two favorite actors.... but I'm not sure that story holds any water . I don't think Momma would have let him name me for two Hollywood actors....that story just doesn't wash.
              Gary Wayne

Comment

Gary, Just left click right on Rocky's picture and you'll see a new box pop up. There will be a rectangle that says PRIVATE MESSAGE. Click on that and type away and hit send when you are done. When I get the message I'll reply. Watch for a red box on the top RH side of the home page right by the word messages. Click on the redbox and my reply will be there. RD
                Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Comment

I got it now....Left click on a members avatar = you can personal message to that person .
                  I'm learning. Thanks,
                  Gary W.

Comment

Working...
                  X