Member list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member list?

I was searching the list for a buddy I haven't seen on here in awhile and noticed page after page of people that joined in 2007-08 with one post and their last activity was one minute ago punctuated by the occasional member with 2 weeks ago or longer. Just curious what triggers activity?
    Endeavor to persevere.

Call sign: Limp Wrist

I have no idea what this is about. Where or how did you find said list?
    Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Et Canis Manducare Canis Mundi

Comment

Upper left corner of the home page.

Member List
      Endeavor to persevere.

Comment

Endeavor to persevere.

Comment

And error with dates? Or spammer bots, just sitting and waiting. Touching base every so often. Many of the names are similar.

Comment

These are people who have registered here but never posted anything. The date of record is the date that the membership was created. On many sites, this one included, you cannot see photos without being a member, access some forums without being a member etc. Folks just set up an account to view one topic they want to see and may never visit again. RD
            Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Et Canis Manducare Canis Mundi

Comment

Rocky, I think the dates he's talking about are the last visited dates.

Comment

I would say that the "last visited" is bugged. It's supposed to tell you the last time the user logged into the forum. But it appears that a database process or something is causing it to show folks who've not been around in some time to show only "1 minute ago". Cosmetic issue as I'm confident that it's not something malicious like a bot.
                We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.

~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by SavageShooter View Post
                  I would say that the "last visited" is bugged. It's supposed to tell you the last time the user logged into the forum. But it appears that a database process or something is causing it to show folks who've not been around in some time to show only "1 minute ago". Cosmetic issue as I'm confident that it's not something malicious like a bot.
                  SS, there's a good chance you are right across the board. That said, my guess (and that's all it is) is that if a new member doesn't post, the software defaults to one minute. I'd also hazard a guess that there are some other defaults in the software that we can't see.
                  -Remote locations are cheap insurance.
                  -There are two kinds of ships: Submarines and targets

Comment

Working...
                  X