This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Site unavailable issues

Our benevolent keepers at vBulletin decided to subscribe to Cloudflare for DNS security. They made this change last night. Well, we were already a Cloudflare customer and that's why we got banned in their DNS system as it looked like we were attempting to circumvent RFC's for DNS to work properly and Cloudflare did their thing and shut us down. I've since corrected this issue on Cloudflare and we should be good to go.

For future reference, we have a Handloadersbench Group on Facebook and that would be a good place to go to let us know the site is down and stay in contact with us while we work the issue out.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

You guys scared me, I wasn't sure where I was going to go for my heroin - er - reloading fix if you were gone.
    "Beware the fury of a patient man." - John Dryden

Comment

I'm wondering how many of our folks were having withdrawls from the site being down 12+ hours! I'm still stewing myself over this whole debacle.

Comment

I was online at the time it happened and at work. About 8 pm. So I spent the rest of the night taking notes from a load manual. I WAS working. Changed a part once and cutters a few times. Tough job but somebody has to do it.
        I was raised in the 50\'s on jackrabbits and gunpowder.salt and pepper wooda made\'em taste better

Comment

Took it as a leftest attact against the moral majority.

Relieved to see we prevailed.
          "Don't try to cover up a lack of training with a tool you don't understand."

John Lovell on upgrades.

Comment

Originally posted by wheezengeezer View Post
            I was online at the time it happened and at work. About 8 pm. .
            Me, too. Was in the middle of a search and the site flipped me the bone. I don't do fb, and lost Poacher's email addy in a M$ crash last year, so had no way to flag a staffie. That said, I knew you guys would handle it, all I needed was patience to get my fix. Thanx, gents.

PS, I absolutely hate the cloud.

-Remote locations are cheap insurance.
            -There are two kinds of ships: Submarines and targets

Comment

Thanks, AlphaOmega, for taking such good care of us.

(But I do not, will not, not ever, play with Facebook. I'm even a bit embarrassed that HLB puts money in that scummer's pockets.)
              Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

Comment

Facebook is just another method for people to reach me should something go sideways. I'll be passing around my contact information to you Moderators so if anything happens in the future you can reach me directly.
                We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.

~Ronald Reagan

Comment

Its the BANNED bit that had me con fuddled. The missus said .... " what did ya do now to get kicked out "??
                  The H in ENGINEERING stands for Happiness

Comment

I'm still having intermittent problems accessing the site from my desktop at work. One day i can find the site, then next I cant. No problem from my phone tho. ?
                    The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
                    Welcome to Tennessee, the patron state of shootin' stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by MUP View Post
                      I'm still having intermittent problems accessing the site from my desktop at work. One day i can find the site, then next I cant. No problem from my phone tho. ?
                      From what I observed as of Wednesday, some of the DNS caches were still out of date. If you include the "www" in www.handloadersbench.com (or omit the "www" if you usually include it) it should be fine.
                      Friends don't let friends shoot factory ammo.

Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential.
                      -Winston Churchill

Comment

Ok gl, I'll try that monday morning then, thanks.

Comment

I'm at work, and it worked. Had to put the "www" in front of it. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                          X