This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something To Remember

Here is something to look into. Did anyone send him funds via the United States Postal Service.

If so and he didn't deliver the products he was selling - but took the money. He just committed mail fraud. This is a federal offense and there are significant teeth involved. Now if he did this and also did stuff while taking funds via paypal or some other means ... you might just have something with huge teeth. In fact - might even involve RICO laws.
    If you died today are you prepared for where you will find yourself tomorrow?

NRA Life Member

This guy has been tracked, reported, yadda, yadda from gunboards all over the net. Still keeps on screwing people. Look up some of the comments on other boards listed in the thread above. RD
    Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Et Canis Manducare Canis Mundi

Comment

Just takes one to get the UPS involved in mail fraud. Also include tax evasion - you can get a bit of money for turning him in on that.
      If you died today are you prepared for where you will find yourself tomorrow?

NRA Life Member

Comment

After being taken on the "Bay" a couple of times and figuring out they would do absolutely nothing, I developed a defense that works well. First, I correspond with anyone I buy from, this establishes their intent. Then I only use money orders or credit cards to pay. Then I mail the payment and a letter stating the payment is enclosed for the specific item, with dating, with proof of mailing from the post office, it does not have to be certified and the proof of mailing is free. If a card is used you can strip the payment out for a service or product not received.

The proof of mailing is critical as is establishing what was mailed by correspondence. Attach the slip to the copy of the letter.

If I do not get my product, the package of materials goes to postal inspector and the FBI. Yep, it is not only mail fraud, it is interstate fraud and a federal offense. I got a perp in Texas nailed on a computer sales fraud deal, by the time the FBI finished with him, they found 14 computers he sold without a single box, he violated his parole and his family gave me my money back.

If you are a buyer, do not be a victim, set up the defense and nail these cruds.
        Ed
        "who can afford so to cover his country with troops for its defense as that 10,000 men descending from the clouds might not in many places do an infinite deal of mischief before a force could be brought together to repel them?"
        Franklin

Comment

Yea, the "bay" can be a hit or miss at best, I've had things "never arrive" I don't know what happened I mailed it or just disappeared

Comment

Rapier wrote:
            Then I only use money orders or credit cards to pay.
            Wouldn't Paypal work just as good? I figure it's another level of protection with the credit card behind paypal.
            Comments?

Comment

I've received quite a few goods this year from eBay using Paypal and have not had a problem with any seller. I've used Paypal in other places and have found it very helpful. Earlier this year I sent $100 to someone on an auto board for some used parts. Over a period of three weeks I just got lip service so I filed a complaint with Paypal and was refunded within a day.
              What's nice about Paypal is no numbers are sent so it's not like your credit card number is stored on someone's computer that can be hacked. I know you're not liable for fraudulent charges but it can be a pain in the butt as a new number would have to be issued and then you have to wait for the card.
              You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Comment

A lot of banks, CC companies, etc., these days are very paranoid about firearms. In fact, the owner of my LGS just had one bank close his account once they found out what he sold. Needless to say, he was livid.

PayPal has also been known to do this. If they find out you are buying or selling anything firearm-related through their system, they can and will close your account.

Comment

I've had excellent service using Paypal on EBAY buying just about anything including firearms related items. I use a credit card to pay the Paypal charges and have recourse there as well.

Comment

I've bought and sold quite a bit of firearm/reloading related items with Paypal. You can't use PP for a purchase/sale of firearms, ammunition, or components. Never had an issue with anything else.
                    "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

He almost got me on a Georgia board on a projectile deal. His excuse was that his soon had spilled the bullets and he could not find them all to ship. What a rascal using a child as your excuse. The funds never made it to him. Last I heard he is in Old Miss.
                      You only get one chance to do the right thing the right way.

Comment

Banned from there also by the way.
                        You only get one chance to do the right thing the right way.

Comment

Working...
                        X