Moderation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drinks wrote:
    A rhinoceros beetle in the throat at 60 mph will get your attention, so will a tarantula killer down the collar , picture doing the rumba and a samba while rocking and rolling at 60 mph.
    The beatle is as large as a big thumb and the tarantula killer is a wasp about 2-2 1/2" inches long.
    I've done that dance...

Hornets in the helmet!

A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise.

Comment

LOL... yeah... back in the 60s I hit a seagull on the motorway. I was doing about 70 at the time and it damned near took me off the back of the bike. It hit me in the chest rather thane the head, so I managed to hang on to the bars and somehow stayed upright. Bit of a fluke I think.... close one!
      Never argue with stupid people.
      They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Comment

I have been an NRA instructor for 30 some years and gave found that women are much easier to teach because they listen and ask questions.

Most 18-25 yo men are "experts" on trucks, guns and women! Being experts they have no need to be taught. Ya gotta love 'em. The great thing is that after age 25 most of the younger experts do follow Mark Twain's dictum and suddenly "get smarter."

Be Well,

Doc :wink:

Comment

Welcome to the HLB!
          Good judgement comes from experience,
          and a lot of that comes from bad judgement.
          Mark Twain

Comment

Some how this new member got attached to another thread years old.
            Could a mod move it to the proper place?

Welcome Doc. nice to see you join the group.

Comment

CB99F----You have a little way to go, rode a CBR600 F3 in American Samoa for the six years I was there and then I was 69 years old then, and that was 6 years ago, I am now retired after 4 years in Ebeye in the Kwajalein Atoll in the Marshall Islands, (no bike there too much blown sand on the road), and am back in Oregon I did buy a CBR F4 and rode it for a year and gave it to my stepson for his birthday and purchased a brand new Ducati 848EVO, so now at 75, you need to catch up!
              Kathryn, I ran away from home when I was 16 left my folks in California, did the South Pacific Islands and ended up in Australia on my 17th birthday, stayed there for 2 1/2 years!! Similar travel stories!! I am very impressed with your resume!!
              Just because I am silent doesn\'t mean I am agreeing with you, I am just being polite. That, or I am so stunned my your stupidity to even respond!

Comment

Working...
              X