Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coming out of the gate in Texas

Hello hand loaders,

I’ve been on the fence about reloading for a few years, mostly just target shooting at the Houston area ranges. Also interested in trap shooting and I need to find some land for hog hunting, I really like that.

My Birthday came around so I finally decided to hand load, and asked for a Hornady Lock n Load as my gift. And that’s where I’m starting from. I intend to make a pest of myself, please have patience with this beginner. I plan to reload for a couple of bolt action rifles to start, probably .243 Win, 6mm Creedmoor and 6.5 mm Creedmoor.

As as I gain experience I’ll try to be helpful if I can.

thanks

Welcome to the board. Never enough Texans.
    "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

welcome.

fellow Texan here, (cajun transplant a decade ago!) and new to reloading as well. I'm having fun. it's addictive lol!

enjoying the process and the results! Lots of good people here, I'm sure glad I stumbled upon this site.

Comment

cen Texas transplant from a life time as army brat and soldier......always good to have more Texans.....welcome in

Comment

Hello and welcome from North Dakota. I'm a little bit north of you but I do load 243.

Comment

Welcome, nice maple,

Comment

Howdy and welcome aboard igotta40, I like your approach to learning. I'm pretty sure you will do fine here.
              Salt&Light

WOODSMAN777

Comment

Always glad to see another Texan hop abroad the reloading train, so to speak. There's a few fellers here with some learnin', and then there's other fellers with well over half a century or more time spent at the press. Yet all are more than willing to assist you and extend their personal attention to your efforts. You're in good hands here.

Wade,
                'bout half a day's drive north of ya.
                "Don't try to cover up a lack of training with a tool you don't understand."

John Lovell on upgrades.

Comment

Welcome to the bench. Lots of good people here willing to help with your questions. If you want to do some good range shooting, you'll have to join us in the annual shoot in Breckenridge Tx. It's only once a year but it's a good time by all who attend.
                  "There\'s no such thing as a good gun. There\'s no such thing as a bad gun. A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys."

-Charlton Heston

Comment

Thanks for your welcoming replies, thanks OKL, I’ll have to look up that event in Breckinridge. Looks like a nice waltz across Texas from here.

Comment

Welcome from Montana.

Comment

Welcome from NY..
                        You can\'t teach an old dog new tricks.........Wait do that again.

Comment

Welcome aboard from New Mexico where Texans come to do real hunting.
                          "The United States Marine Corps is a drug and I am a recovering addict."

"American by birthright… U.S. MARINE by the Grace of GOD!"

"And on the 8th day God created Marines and like fish, we came from the sea!"

Comment

Welcome from Ohio, lot of gentlemen on this forum with experience and knowledge.
                            Regards,
                            Win70

Comment

Welcome to the HB. We are happy to have you with us. Enjoy the forum.
                              "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

“Never Retreat...Just Reload.”

Comment

Working...
                              X