Chat room Dead?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat room Dead?????

Use to be able to drop in at least once a week and be able to find someone in a chat room. Since the new chat room has opened up I haven't been able to find anyone using it. I will admit I liked the old chat room much better, I don't understand why you have to click/click/click minimize to get to a room that has two tabs to figure it out.

It works but I found an occupant there only once. I guess I just forgot to keep trying.
    William Waco
    First reload:
    .22 Hornet - 1956

Comment

I check in every day after dinner same time as we used to talk. No one is normally there
      shoot\'em till your arm falls off

Comment

Are they planning on putting the old chat back or is this going to be it?

Comment

Originally posted by fmax View Post
          Are they planning on putting the old chat back or is this going to be it?
          I don't know if it is true or not but I was told that the old chat channel is gone and wont be coming back.

Comment

I don't like it either, thus I have not been around...shame, I really enjoyed it

Comment

Guys, The old chat room site is gone. It had NOTHING to do with our software change. It was pure coincidence that it disappeared at the same time we moved here. Perhaps we could look at setting a time of day and or day of the week to meet for chat. Any ideas?
              Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Et Canis Manducare Canis Mundi

Comment

Yep, Chat room was separate. I like the idea, the concept, the camaraderie, I used to stop by frequently. However, some health issues, work, & family combined to reduce my use and then i stopped. I must admit I miss the chat room.

So RD I would be open to just about any time/date as I am working strictly from home now, no more traveling.

Comment

Rocky, I must admit, I have been extremely busy with work and getting ready for my trip this fall and have not been on much. But, I have checked in here from time to time. I truly miss the chat. The old one you could tell if someone was in the chat room, can't tell that now...

Comment

Originally posted by Rockydog View Post
                    Guys, The old chat room site is gone. It had NOTHING to do with our software change. It was pure coincidence that it disappeared at the same time we moved here. Perhaps we could look at setting a time of day and or day of the week to meet for chat. Any ideas?
                    RD I understand that the old one is gone and don't think we don't appreciate everything you all do for us.

One of the main reasons that the new chat room just hasn't grown on me personally is it is difficult to know if someone else is in the room (no list on the side), the audible notifications of the older version let you know if someone entered or responded to you so it allowed a person to bring the room up and even if it was empty you could do other things and a notification let you know to pay attention that someone had entered. I believe this is why I was able to chat we so many in there since it didn't cause me to constantly watch the monitor to see if someone entered.
                    Last edited by Lost-One; 07-27-2017, 19:04.

Comment

I'm in the chat room now...
                      shoot\'em till your arm falls off

Comment

Working...
                      X