2016 hunting season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 hunting season

Season opens on Saturday. I am not off to a good start. Took my van in on Tuesday to get a few minor repairs done. They went to replace the ball joint today and discovered that the hub is broken. And the only place they were able to get a replacement hub is from the Quigley dealership and I believe the one for our area is in Montana. Initially it was supposed to take a week to get it, but they are shipping it express it might be here tomorrow or Saturday.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

“Never Retreat...Just Reload.”

Well finally got my van last Monday afternoon. Got out hunting yesterday for the first time. First thing in the morning I saw the biggest buck I have ever seen. I stared at it for the longest time. Not believing what I was seeing. Finally, by the time I accepted that it was a deer I was looking at it was too late to shoot. He got into some really tall grass and did not have a good shot. Didn't see anything today. But we are having some seriously hot weather for November. Supposed to be 62 tomorrow. But Friday is supposed to be in the 40s and then warm back up into the 50s after that.
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Comment

It has been absolutely dead. Have not seen anything since Tuesday morning. It's been too warm. We are in a full moon phase. Hopefully things turn around here soon.

Comment

Same here Bill, very little movement during the day. No monster bucks killed yet, but the season has just started here.
        Not as Lean, Not as Mean, but still a Marine!

If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace. -- Thomas Paine

Comment

Unusually warm weather here for mid-November.

I'm on my new place and this is my first season here. Have four decent sized bucks on the gamecam so far. I'm being really lazy this year: no hard hunting at all for me since I can do most of it in the back yard.

(Our rifle season runs from yesterday to next Sunday. M/L will start Dec 1 and run to Jan 1. Archery is Sept to Jan.)
          Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

Comment

South Alabama where my former club is reportedly has zero green fields. Due to drought, not a single planting has sprouted. And there has been a poor mast yield.

Too hot for much movement.

Going to be a challenging year!

Comment

Well I tell you if it weren't for bad luck. I'd have no luck at all. First, my van was stuck in the shop. Then the weather was too warm and now that the weather is starting to cool off a little bit. My electric wheelchair brakes down. So that the end of my hunting for the year. Now it looks like I'm going to have to fight to get the repairs done on my chair. Even though it covered under warranty. They don't want to do it. Good luck to everybody else.

Comment

Dang, Bill, a bummer for sure. Another battle with corporate America looming? I hope you can get it fixed without jumping thru too many hoops. I'm getting mighty tired of all the hoops.
                Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

Comment

Yeah, the company that made my chair and many other kinds of medical equipment doesn't want to admit it's their faulty products that they are having made in China. They like to blame it on me. But about 10 years ago, the FDA shut them down from making any products. The hospital beds they were making were catching on fire and killing patients. I am sure they tried to pass the blame on to the patients also. But if they refuse to do the warranty replacement. I will be on the phone to the FDA.

Comment

Good Luck and hold their feet to the fire!

Comment

Sorry to hear this Bill. I hope you can get it worked out.
                      NRA Endowment member
                      NRA Range Technical Team Advisor
                      TSRA member
                      NRA certified pistol coach-Retired
                      NRA classified Master, F-Class mid-range
                      Velocity is like a new car, always losing value
                      BC is like diamonds, maintaining value forever

Comment

Working...
                      X