No announcement yet.

2016 deer plot for deer or wolves

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, shooting my pointer pup would have probably made me cranky.
    Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

Comment

Rockydog, you nailed the Northern Wisconsin woods perfectly.

Comment

FMJ through the liver, no shoveling required.

As far as shooting dogs, many people see their dogs as part of the family, so unless you would shoot someone's kid, for playing hooky, don't blame the dog, for acting natural, irresponsible dog owner, whole nother discussion.
        Columbia Falls, MT
        If we don’t speak out against the infringements of today, it will weaken our ability to stop the next infringements.
        Since it took 26th Amendment to change voting age, expanding rights under 14th Amendment. Why doesn't same requirement, to restrict rights, extend to 2nd Amendment?

NRA Benefactor Life, NRA Ring of Freedom, NRA-ILA Partner in Freedom, GOA Patriot, SAF, Oath Keepers

Comment

Plainsman wrote:
          Well, shooting my pointer pup would have probably made me cranky.
          Yep!
          Load every bullet like your life depended on it because one day it might.

Regards,
          Shawn

Comment

Really meant for this to be more geared toward deer plots and wolves.

Comment

Now this year I got just as many bear on camera as i do deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockydog View Post

Up here we shoot the wolves with collars, head for the nearest Interstate rest stop, and toss the collar in the back of a pickup bearing Hillary and/or PETA stickers. Preferably also bearing a left coast state license plate.

Like hitting a home run. Wolf is dead, Drives wolf researchers nuts, PETA type liberal is mad, PETA type liberal is in big trouble.

And, yes, I'm joking. Since there are virtually no deer left to hunt in parts of Northern WI. There are no hunters in the woods to see, let alone shoot, the wolves.
                Really? No deer left in Northern WI?

Comment

Not no deer, but herds are much reduced from what they were. Hunter numbers are dropping in some counties due to no deer being seen during an entire season. Livestock predation is starting. Hunting dogs are frequently killed by wolf packs. Bird dogs and especially coon hounds and bear hounds. The hounds go silent and when found by following their tracking collars are literally ripped to shreds by the wolf pack. No need to have them here at all. Here's an article from 5 years ago and things are only getting worse. http://www.petersenshunting.com/feat...s-hunting-dog/

Just found out via a former DNR employee that they have been live trapping Bobcats in northern WI and moving them to southern WI to help control the deer herds in the CWD counties. This individual said the he had personally trapped and moved 27 bobcats in the last two years.

They just can't leave well enough alone sometimes. RD
                  Last edited by Rockydog; 01-07-2018, 22:29.
                  Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Comment

Working...
                  X