The Shootist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shootist

Finally got a chance to read The Shootist, which was made into the last movie John Wayne made. Forward by the screenwriter, who was the son of the author. Great story, although the salon shootout wasn't exactly realistic. Author mentions "clouds of black smoke", from the black powder ammo used. Mine always seems white. .Also mentions the terminal effects of "low velocity slugs fired at close range from heavy caliber weapons, 38s and 45s. Has one leaving an exit wound the size of a fist. Not exactly my experience with animals. Also has JB Books being shot twice in the back at fairly close range with a 10 bore shotgun and number 4 shot. Barely penetrates the skin, after going through his coat, vest, and shirt.
    Other than that, a pretty good read.
    "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

I will stay with the movie. Watch it every chance I get.
    "The United States Marine Corps is a drug and I am a recovering addict."

"American by birthright… U.S. MARINE by the Grace of GOD!"

"And on the 8th day God created Marines and like fish, we came from the sea!"

Comment

Its a good movie, and a lot of writers don't know anything about firearms and hunting or should I say how things work when hit by a bullet or a load of shot.
      Mtman714; A man can do no better then to leave a good garden patch. Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Working...
      X