No announcement yet.

What's in your liquor cabinet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The opposite. The tequila made the old way is a lot better, retains a lot more flavor of the agave.
    This link is to the distillery and how they process the agave and make tequila.
    http://tequilafortaleza.com/our-process/
    "The United States Marine Corps is a drug and I am a recovering addict."

"American by birthright… U.S. MARINE by the Grace of GOD!"

"And on the 8th day God created Marines and like fish, we came from the sea!"

Comment

And what does a bottle of that cost?
      I was raised in the 50\'s on jackrabbits and gunpowder.salt and pepper wooda made\'em taste better

Comment

Not cheap. $47.

Comment

Contrary to the visual evidence I actually drink very little whiskey, or anything else. But I have friends that like the 'finer things' and the rules of hospitality require that I not disappoint them. And truth to tell THEY have been the sources for some of what's shown. Life is too short to drink cheap booze.
          Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

Comment

So true Plainsman.
            The question I put to myself is, Am I worth it? Of course I am.

Comment

I only broke out the good stuff.....

And left out the wine cooler.

Damn, just noticed I'm out of W.L. Wellers 105 Special Reserve.
              "I am, therefore I\'ll Think."- John Galt "Atlas Shrugged"

"Arguing with a Marine is like wrestling with a Pig. Everyone gets dirty, but the Pig loves it."

Comment

Remember the Suntori in Japan.

Comment

Half a bottle of Oso Negro vodka, and about 3/4 of a bottle of Jim Beam. Really can't drink anymore, with the drugs I take, two beers and I'm ready to curl up and go to sleep. Miss the beer though, more than liquor. Mrs. Charley has never been a drinker. Went to a party when we were dating in high school, and everybody was doing shots, Bourbon, if I remember correctly.. She wanted to try it. Picked up a shot glass, slammed it down like a movie cowboy, slapped the glass down on the table, and said. "That tastes like s**t You do this for fun?" Oddly enough, more than a couple of players walked away as well. Think they were too afraid of being laughed at if they stopped drinking, but she gave them an excuse to stop.
                  Oddly enough, I'm named after my alcoholic great uncle.
                  "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

Wife and I retired Army...both pretty good working alcoholics and I do not want to make light of anyone who does have a alcohol problem and is dealing with that in their way...

In the army we both managed our share of true alcoholics and know it to e a family wrecking and personally destructive problem... anyone with will power to stop, or go get family or pro help...has our sincerest prayers and understanding...

We drink Beer, wine, or Spirits daily

My Class six bill is around $325 every 6 to 8 weeks when I zoom onto Fort Hood to stock up

Wife and I did our VFW Officer and Commander thing for 10 years...got burned out and tired of always doing it all...few if any volunteers ever...gave up, bailed and STOPPED being CANTEEN regulars
                    Talk about saving a boat load of BUCKS!....since we did not pay wait staff squat ($3.25) Renie and I are both over tippers so no longer daily BAR FLY...easy $75 per week savings....

My smoking 3 packs a day up until my 63rd birthday this last July... already saved over $700

We both actually prefer good German Beers as we did three tours for 14 years and acquired a taste for GREAT Beer... but most of the Imports have too many preservatives and has after taste or head ache... so Michelob Ultra it is.... I know I know philistines!! grin

Our full-service in the house bar is very well stocked ... 3 varieties of Jack, Asback Uralt, Crown, Walker, Black Velvet, Yukon Jack, 5 Tequilas, 3 Gins (Bombay a fav), 4 Vodkas ( I know I know but SKY is a FAV sorry ..grin)
                    Six high end single malts...Melton a fav. all sort of cordials, we occasionally do Buttery Nipple shots...or just Carolina's over Ice

We each have a fave Margarita recipe, Bloody Mary's we call salad in a glass, MY Dad before he died was a John Wayne Manhattan Guy and so my brother and I have one or more of these every week on the phone to toast dear old dad
                    6 oz or larger glass
                    Ice
                    Muddled Cherry and orange slice
                    1/2 oz Amaretto
                    Makers Mark to mid, 3/4 , or top...you choice...
                    I am a to the top guy..Bro Hans is a 3/4 guy... Dad was a three sip and reload guy...

Comment

Originally posted by DesertMarine View Post
                      Remember the Suntori in Japan.
                      850 Yen for 1/2 gallon. 360- $1 Put it in a paper cup you have about 60 seconds before the cup leaked.
                      Never drink down stream from the herd.

Comment

Comment

Tried it once and that was enough. Saki was better. 25 cents a 6-8 oz glass in the bars or bought it in Typhoon fiths.

Comment

I love Sake. Wish I could get it here. Years ago a Japanese friend gave me a beautiful replica shogunate-period sake set.Would love to use it again!
                            Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

Comment

Old Bottle Click image for larger version

Name:	Tequilla.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	821961

Comment

I like to collect different stuff from around the world.
                                Great Wall Wine (Great Wall China)
                                Linie Aquavit (Norway)
                                Tanduay Dark Rum (Philippines)
                                Santa Julia Cabernet (Argentina)
                                And of course, the USA blends
                                Jack Daniels Single Barrel
                                Jim Beam Devils Cut
                                etc, etc
                                "There\'s no such thing as a good gun. There\'s no such thing as a bad gun. A gun in the hands of a bad man is a very dangerous thing. A gun in the hands of a good person is no danger to anyone except the bad guys."

-Charlton Heston

Comment

Working...
                                X