The 22d of August— the death of Michael Collins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The 22d of August— the death of Michael Collins

I observe this date every year with the flying of my tricolor. On this day in 1922 Michael Collins dies in an ambush outside of the village of Bealnablath in County Cork. Who knows how different Ireland may have been if he had survived and eclipsed that snake DeValera? I don't worship Collins, but I observe his passing with respect and a certain regret. Click image for larger version

Name:	tricolor 8 22 19.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	52.6 KB
ID:	844501
    Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

I must admit my knowledge of Michael Collins is fairly shallow. From what I have read, he was definitely the definition of an Irish patriot..
    "The fact that guns can kill another human being is the whole point. That\'s why they are so darn good at deterring violent criminals". Ann Coulter

Comment

Patriot, soldier, and the real father of the Republic.
      Homo sapiens, [ˈhōmō ˈsāpēənz] Noun. An advanced primate characterized by a large brain which it seldom uses.

Comment

Complicated times then and yet today. Fascinating history of oppression, struggles, defeat, and varying degrees of success over and over again. Here is a photo and quote of the Big Fellow.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Michael-Collins-600-Think-what-have-I-got-for-Ireland.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	844517
        Every once in a while in life we need a policeman, a lawyer, a doctor and a preacher. We need a farmer three times a day, every day.

Et Canis Manducare Canis Mundi

Comment

Working...
        X